Windows 10: Filenames and text missing in File Explorer after Win 10 update

Discus and support Filenames and text missing in File Explorer after Win 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of my users received the Windows 10 KB5001330 update automatically overnight, and today the filenames and menu text in File Explorer do not appear.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anton Not a fan of MS, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Filenames and text missing in File Explorer after Win 10 update

One of my users received the Windows 10 KB5001330 update automatically overnight, and today the filenames and menu text in File Explorer do not appear. I've seen sporadic reports of similar problems dating back to 2017, but no workable solution from any Microsoft representative. This is what File Explorer looks like now:

Filenames and text missing in File Explorer after Win 10 update 181239f3-c360-4089-9ac3-e07a7955adf8?upload=true.png

Filenames and text missing in File Explorer after Win 10 update d1d5e85c-7e53-48e8-a050-b6309b4ec340?upload=true.png

:)

Anton Not a fan of MS, Apr 15, 2021
  2. JeffCL Win User

Searching for a string within a filename in File Explorer

I want to search a folder for filenames that contain the word "Committee". When in File Explorer, I type "Committee" into the Search field and hit enter. It finds (highlights in yellow) files that start with "Committee" but not the ones where "Committee"
    is embedded in the file name. For example:

• "Committee-Mission-Roles-and-Responsibilities" = finds it and highlights "Committee" in yellow
    • "19510701ListClubCommitteesReportDirectorsBW" = Lists this file but does not highlight "Committee" in yellow
    • "20150526MinutesBoard" = Lists this file because the word "Committee" is in the text of the file.
    Is there a way to do a search that lists only filenames that contain the word "Committee"? I don't want files listed if the word "Committee" is not part of the filename.

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage )

JeffCL, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Human1 Win User
    How to Make Windows 10 Bat File to Bulk Rename Filenames in txt file

Hello, Just wondering if anyone can help me.

I would like to create a bat file that will run in windows 10 that can duplicate one jpeg image file ( test.jpg. )
    to a list of filenames ( one per line ) found in a text file ( test.txt )
    This means if i had a list of 100 image filenames or more in a text file it would duplicate the single image file 100 times and rename them based on the filenames within the text file.

an example of the filenames in text file
    chair.jpg
    house.jpg
    tree.jpg

Thank you.

Human1, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Filenames and text missing in File Explorer after Win 10 update

Select only files that have "Copy" in the filename?

JohnnyBeGood, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Filenames and text missing in File Explorer after Win 10 update

1. Filenames and text missing in File Explorer after Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Filenames text missing

2. Inaccurate search for filenames in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inaccurate search for filenames in File Explorer: I use ~<22 in File Explorer to search for images with filenames starting with '22' the year they were taken. Some images whose file names do not start with '22' are included in the result. They are of File Type 'Adobe Photoshop Image.22'Is there a way to prevent these...
  3. Inaccurate search for filenames in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccurate search for filenames in File Explorer: I use ~<22 in File Explorer to search for images with filenames starting with '22' the year they were taken. Some images whose file names do not start with '22' are included in the result. They are of File Type 'Adobe Photoshop Image.22'Is there a way to prevent these...
  4. Inaccurate search for filenames in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer missing after Windows update: How to restore File Explorer? No icons on start, desktop, taskbar. Disappeared immediately after Windows update completed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-missing-after-windows-update/c12a93f5-72c1-436c-be04-a5816ca1045c
  6. File Explorer missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer missing after Windows update: How to restore File Explorer? No icons on start, desktop, taskbar. Disappeared immediately after Windows update completed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-missing-after-windows-update/c12a93f5-72c1-436c-be04-a5816ca1045c
  7. File Explorer missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Sorting order of filenames in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting order of filenames in File Explorer Windows 10: The way windows order filenames in the file explorer is beyond me. I understand that it tries to be "intelligent", ordering, for instance and by default, 111.txt after 22.txt, which sounds dummy for CS people, but ok, I get it. I also understand that you can change its...
  9. Windows 10 - File explorer not search part of a filename

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - File explorer not search part of a filename: I expect that if I type an expression into the search bar in File Explorer, which primarily displays file names, it will be searched in the names of files with the CONTAINS method and not just StartsWith method. I have read this, but the problem has not been resolved:...
  10. Win 10 missing text labels.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 missing text labels.: Whats up with the missing text labels? Sometimes its my start menu sometimes its the right click menu. [img] 40689