Windows 10: filenames are complete gibberish while trying to look through japanese text in file explorer.

Discus and support filenames are complete gibberish while trying to look through japanese text in file explorer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; all files are complete gibberish, i'm currently trying to fix textures on a model for a program that i use. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jaylr234, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Jaylr234 Win User

filenames are complete gibberish while trying to look through japanese text in file explorer.

all files are complete gibberish, i'm currently trying to fix textures on a model for a program that i use.

filenames are complete gibberish while trying to look through japanese text in file explorer. 0c2ffae9-4015-4462-a647-b3bdad70e35e?upload=true.png

:)

Jaylr234, Jul 14, 2020
  2. JeffCL Win User

Searching for a string within a filename in File Explorer

I want to search a folder for filenames that contain the word "Committee". When in File Explorer, I type "Committee" into the Search field and hit enter. It finds (highlights in yellow) files that start with "Committee" but not the ones where "Committee"
    is embedded in the file name. For example:

• "Committee-Mission-Roles-and-Responsibilities" = finds it and highlights "Committee" in yellow
    • "19510701ListClubCommitteesReportDirectorsBW" = Lists this file but does not highlight "Committee" in yellow
    • "20150526MinutesBoard" = Lists this file because the word "Committee" is in the text of the file.
    Is there a way to do a search that lists only filenames that contain the word "Committee"? I don't want files listed if the word "Committee" is not part of the filename.

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage )

JeffCL, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Start menu text looks gibberish

Start menu text looks gibberish, what is going on?

filenames are complete gibberish while trying to look through japanese text in file explorer. 11859a93-743e-4d48-a795-e41fd47803f9.png

KhandkerNabil Adeeb, Jul 14, 2020
  4. filenames are complete gibberish while trying to look through japanese text in file explorer.

Copying files from a folder using filenames from a text file

I have a folder that contains approx. 17,000 images, I want to copy only those images, whose filenames are listed in a text file. The text file contains approx. 1000 file names.

Is there a command that I can use on cmd or power shell to automate this process? Otherwise I will have to manually go through all those 17,000 files and copy the ones that are listed in text file which seems impossible

khalidWaleed99, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

filenames are complete gibberish while trying to look through japanese text in file explorer.

1. filenames are complete gibberish while trying to look through japanese text in file explorer. - Similar Threads - filenames are complete

2. Inaccurate search for filenames in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inaccurate search for filenames in File Explorer: I use ~<22 in File Explorer to search for images with filenames starting with '22' the year they were taken. Some images whose file names do not start with '22' are included in the result. They are of File Type 'Adobe Photoshop Image.22'Is there a way to prevent these...
  3. Inaccurate search for filenames in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccurate search for filenames in File Explorer: I use ~<22 in File Explorer to search for images with filenames starting with '22' the year they were taken. Some images whose file names do not start with '22' are included in the result. They are of File Type 'Adobe Photoshop Image.22'Is there a way to prevent these...
  4. Inaccurate search for filenames in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Filenames and text missing in File Explorer after Win 10 update

Filenames and text missing in File Explorer after Win 10 update: One of my users received the Windows 10 KB5001330 update automatically overnight, and today the filenames and menu text in File Explorer do not appear. I've seen sporadic reports of similar problems dating back to 2017, but no workable solution from any Microsoft...
  6. Windows File Explorer long paths/filenames

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows File Explorer long paths/filenames: This is pissing me off! Has been for years now. How can MS still not have a file explorer use the extended API functions so it can actually work with long file names and paths? My classical music collection alone requires that. Does anyone know of a good windows file...
  7. Sorting Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename

Sorting Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename: Is there a way to Sort Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename. See below. Show all the "A"'s first and others last. File0001 File0001A File0002 File0002A File0003 File0001A...
  8. Can't search zip files by filename in explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't search zip files by filename in explorer?: Have a folder with a bunch of zip files, if I search the folder I get no results even though I can see the file names. Example: I search for "blue" And the files in the folder are: blue.zip red.zip green.zip There are no results. What's up? submitted by /u/wozmatic...
  9. Copying files from a folder using filenames from a text file

Copying files from a folder using filenames from a text file: I have a folder that contains approx. 17,000 images, I want to copy only those images, whose filenames are listed in a text file. The text file contains approx. 1000 file names. Is there a command that I can use on cmd or power shell to automate this process? Otherwise I...
  10. help !!! text gibberish

in Windows 10 Support
    help !!! text gibberish: hello!! when I try to install software the text in the menu is in gibberish how do I solved this thanks I add pic 85274