Windows 10: Filenames

Discus and support Filenames in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a bunch of Amiibo images saved from a website, but they are save as "amiibo_card_AnimalCrossing_0x_xxxxxxxxx". I want to batch remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kolbyng, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Filenames

So I have a bunch of Amiibo images saved from a website, but they are save as "amiibo_card_AnimalCrossing_0x_xxxxxxxxx". I want to batch remove the "amiibo_card_AnimalCrossing_" part in all images and leave the "0x_xxxxxxxxx" part. Then, I want to remove the "_" between the number and the name.

submitted by /u/kolbyng
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kolbyng, Sep 11, 2020
  2. LAPIII Win User

How can I make a list of filenames in File Explorer via command prompt?

These are the steps I take in:

1. open the folder that I want to print the filenames of
    2. In the location bar, typed "cmd"
    3. At the command prompt, I typed "dir > vjoy.txt
    The command prompt read Access is denied.

LAPIII, Sep 11, 2020
  3. JeffCL Win User
    Searching for a string within a filename in File Explorer

I want to search a folder for filenames that contain the word "Committee". When in File Explorer, I type "Committee" into the Search field and hit enter. It finds (highlights in yellow) files that start with "Committee" but not the ones where "Committee"
    is embedded in the file name. For example:

• "Committee-Mission-Roles-and-Responsibilities" = finds it and highlights "Committee" in yellow
    • "19510701ListClubCommitteesReportDirectorsBW" = Lists this file but does not highlight "Committee" in yellow
    • "20150526MinutesBoard" = Lists this file because the word "Committee" is in the text of the file.
    Is there a way to do a search that lists only filenames that contain the word "Committee"? I don't want files listed if the word "Committee" is not part of the filename.

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage )

JeffCL, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Filenames

Jump list not showing full filename if pointer is hovering long files?

For some reason, this only applies to Taskbar jump lists, but you need to 'Pin' the item to the list first.
    Everywhere else it works as expected.

Filenames [​IMG]

Filenames [​IMG]

Filenames [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Filenames

1. Filenames - Similar Threads - Filenames

2. Which non-alphabetic and non numeric characters are accepted in a filename?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which non-alphabetic and non numeric characters are accepted in a filename?: Hi, I am looking into a migration of folders from one old server to another one. We asked someone to create a report to help remove no-longer needed files but we discovered that thare are a few possibly more than 100 of them files that have illegal characters in the filename...
  3. Which non-alphabetic and non numeric characters are accepted in a filename?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which non-alphabetic and non numeric characters are accepted in a filename?: Hi, I am looking into a migration of folders from one old server to another one. We asked someone to create a report to help remove no-longer needed files but we discovered that thare are a few possibly more than 100 of them files that have illegal characters in the filename...
  4. Which non-alphabetic and non numeric characters are accepted in a filename?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename: I am unable to choose the destination or name the file. It just defaults to Microsoft print to PDF as name and saves on desktop. It overwrites any previous file....
  6. Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename

Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename: I am unable to choose the destination or name the file. It just defaults to Microsoft print to PDF as name and saves on desktop. It overwrites any previous file....
  7. Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error: Hi, when creating a new .txt file in my OneDrive storage via File Explorer application on Windows 11 23H2, I get this error: how can rename this file and create others in this folder?"Windows SecurityThese files can't be openedYour Internet security settings prevented one or...
  8. Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error

Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error: Hi, when creating a new .txt file in my OneDrive storage via File Explorer application on Windows 11 23H2, I get this error: how can rename this file and create others in this folder?"Windows SecurityThese files can't be openedYour Internet security settings prevented one or...
  9. Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long: This error keeps persisting. Please help.Dear Customer Support,I am writing to raise a significant concern regarding a persistent issue I have been experiencing with my laptop. I have been using my laptop for approximately one year, and from the very beginning, I have...
  10. Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long

Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long: This error keeps persisting. Please help.Dear Customer Support,I am writing to raise a significant concern regarding a persistent issue I have been experiencing with my laptop. I have been using my laptop for approximately one year, and from the very beginning, I have...