Windows 10: Filepicker UI host not responding

Discus and support Filepicker UI host not responding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My colleague running Windows 10 has a problem with the following error message when trying to attach a file from OneDrive (synced to her laptop) to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by terrydonaldson1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Filepicker UI host not responding

My colleague running Windows 10 has a problem with the following error message when trying to attach a file from OneDrive (synced to her laptop) to an email in Mail (office 365): Filepicker UI host not responding; the screen freezes and she can do nothing with the email.

we have installed all windows updates and then followed the instructions in this post

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

and the sfc tool could detect no issues (Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations). The problem still persists. (she is able to access the OneDrive files with other apps and on other devices without a problem).

any suggestions please?

:)

terrydonaldson1, Oct 11, 2018

2. FILE PICKER UI HOST DO NOT RESPOND

Hello all,

It's been a little while that each time i want to attach a file to a mail everything bug and the programm close (either on hotmail, gmail or even skype)

The message FILE PICKER UI HOST DO NOT RESPOND appear.

I check and all my programs are updated.

I would be very grateful if someone have a solution.

Thanks,

Benjamin

BenjaminChastenet, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Many Instances of File Picker UI Host

Hello Jennifer,

I was going to do all the things you suggested, but yesterday's Cumulative update might have fixed the problem, as there are no instances of File Picker UI Host showing up in Task manager. I will update this thread if it recurs.

thank you.

SubZero2007, Oct 11, 2018
  4. David_Cox Win User

Filepicker UI host not responding

File Picker Ul Host is not responding

Original message: Windows 10

Whenever I right click a file, the computer freezes. Once I got a message that " File Picker Ul Host is not responding" Any suggestions?

David_Cox, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Filepicker UI host not responding

1. Filepicker UI host not responding - Similar Threads - Filepicker host responding

2. TWIN UI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TWIN UI: WHY DO I HAVE IT, WHY CANT IT FIND IT WHY DOES EVERYTHING GO THERE? WHEN I LOOK IT UP IT ONLY TALKS ABOUT MAPS AND PHOTOS!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING IS SAVING TO THERE AND I CANT FIND IT AT ALL PLEASE HELP NOW...
  3. File picker UI host stops working at start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File picker UI host stops working at start up: Hey all For the last week or so the file picker UI host has according to reliability monitor (since i don't get any pop up telling me has has stopped working and needs to shut down) stops working at ro around when i start up my PC from a normal boot. I initally thought it was...
  4. UI bug report

in Windows 10 Customization
    UI bug report: My windows runs at resolution of 1920 x 1080 with "text, apps and other items" at 125% and orientation as landscape. After running any fullscreen application in other resolutions (tested with 1366x768 and 1280x960) than the native the small view that shows hidden apps does...
  5. Computer Freezing When Attaching a File - FIle Picker UI Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing When Attaching a File - FIle Picker UI Not Responding: My computer is freezing up when traying to attach a document on Office365, Gmail, and Edge. On 365, the error 'file picker ui not responding' is being displayed. I have had no problems with this as of last week. Does anyone what is going on or how I could fix this? Thanks....
  6. Missaligned UI in programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missaligned UI in programs: I've been trying for the past 3 days to figure out how to fix this bug, I've reinstalled GPU drivers, adjusted the screen DPI and more. How can I actually fix this. (picture included is showing where my mouse is on the bottom, and where it shows I'm clicking on top)...
  7. Metro style UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metro style UI: New metro style UI is a big mistake and true piece of sh**t. Please kill it with fire. Pls send this message to Satya Nadella and Bill Gates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/metro-style-ui/323057de-38a5-487a-8ec6-d9435696b1ff
  8. UI error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UI error: Hi all need your help please. I downloded a game and installed it. When i tried opening ,i recieved an error :" UI not found. Please check that you have the proper UI resourse files". What does it meen, and how can i fix it? Thanks. 72513
  9. Defender UI Delayed: Not responding build 15063.13

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender UI Delayed: Not responding build 15063.13: After upgrading, Defender UI freezes each time we open it, not responding for about 30 Sec. See screenshot. The same issue was present in build 15025 after a clean install. After a clean install of build 15063.0, this user interface is not present? Update Time(s) remains an...
  10. File Picker UI Host not working!

in Windows 10 Support
    File Picker UI Host not working!: I'd just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, and I've been having issues with browsing files. Today, I was trying to change my background from settings, and as soon as the file browser opened up, it closed straight away. Settings also stopped working. It was frozen, and I had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file picker ui host not reposning

2. file picker ui host crashing