Windows 10: Filer explorer - rename file properties

Discus and support Filer explorer - rename file properties in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, We, my office and I, wish to rename the properties available in Windows File Explorer. How can we do this? And will the changes be visible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BenjaminN_, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Filer explorer - rename file properties

Hi there, We, my office and I, wish to rename the properties available in Windows File Explorer. How can we do this? And will the changes be visible ie. MacOS?Attaching a screenshot where the rows mentioned are highlighted.Thanks,B

:)

BenjaminN_, Jul 22, 2022
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Filer explorer - rename file properties wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Jul 22, 2022
  4. Filer explorer - rename file properties

File explorer file properties

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below procedure and check if you are able to add comment to the file.

• Right click on the files

• Select Properties

• Click on Details

• Move the cursor to comments tab and try typing the captions.
    Check if it allows you to type the comments.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 22, 2022
Thema:

Filer explorer - rename file properties

1. Filer explorer - rename file properties - Similar Threads - Filer explorer rename

2. File Explorer renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer renaming: I have subfolders X, Y, and Z in a multi-subfolder folder. In Windows 10, if I wished to change X and Y, I would click the filename of X, wait a second and click it again. I would type in the new X name to change the filename, and single-click the Y folder,. The X filename...
  3. File Explorer renaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer renaming: I have subfolders X, Y, and Z in a multi-subfolder folder. In Windows 10, if I wished to change X and Y, I would click the filename of X, wait a second and click it again. I would type in the new X name to change the filename, and single-click the Y folder,. The X filename...
  4. File Explorer was Renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  5. File Explorer was Renamed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  6. Filer explorer - rename file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Filer explorer - rename file properties: Hi there, We, my office and I, wish to rename the properties available in Windows File Explorer. How can we do this? And will the changes be visible ie. MacOS?Attaching a screenshot where the rows mentioned are highlighted.Thanks,B...
  7. Renaming File in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Renaming File in File Explorer: this is external USB drive when renamed Documents file after sync File explorer shows new name AsusDocuments210724 but when checked in command prompt it is still showing old name i'm puzzled. 183010
  8. In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is...: When I go a particular Folder or Sub-folder in Windows Explorer Ver, 10,In Explorer,I am able to rename few particular files but I am unable to change their properties. They are unprotected.They are not hidden. They are not read only even. I have Full Read, Write and Control...
  9. File explorer renamed to file explorer (1)

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer renamed to file explorer (1): File explorer renamed to file explorer (1) After the update it renamed to (1) I forgot the folder where it’s stored to erase the duplicate. 122564
  10. Renaming File Properties throws Error 0x80030070

in Windows 10 Support
    Renaming File Properties throws Error 0x80030070: Hello, I am Brandon. I have a lot of videos on my drive. Most of them are either .avi or .mp4 They are located on 2 TB+ external hard drives formatted as NTFS Each drive has at least 50+ GB left. I am trying to rename certain file properties so that the name of...