Windows 10: Files 2

Discus and support Files 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i'm worried about a certain computer. I saw this error sometime last week. It was a orange screen with white vertical lines. Is this a malfunction,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GDMASTER, Apr 15, 2019.

1. GDMASTER Win User

Files 2

i'm worried about a certain computer. I saw this error sometime last week. It was a orange screen with white vertical lines. Is this a malfunction, corrupted files, loose cables, or the computer just hates this darn school.

:)

GDMASTER, Apr 15, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 15, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Files 2 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Files 2

Help with ordinal 2 error

Hi Tory,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to launch the Ordinal 2 on your computer. For us to properly assist you, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Enable DirectPlay.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Select Turn Windows Features On and Off, click Legacy Components.
    • Choose DirectPlay and enable that.

Step 2: Run the compatibility troubleshooter.

• Press and hold (or right-click) the program.
    • Select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Files 2

1. Files 2 - Similar Threads - Files

2. File Explorer does not apply folder options since updating Win10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer does not apply folder options since updating Win10 1903: Hello guys, I've been experiencing the following issue. If i do right click on folder/properties/customize/optimize this folder for: and select any option, it does not apply the selection to the folder. It always stays on (General Elements). It is broken since i updated to...
  3. File History Windows 10 Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Windows 10 Error: When attempting to back up a network share to an external drive using file history I receive the following error: 0x80070032. I have started all of the services necessary for this to run correctly and tried clean boot. I have read others have this issue but no answer so...
  4. Cannot Access EFS Encrypted Files After Moving a computer from one domain to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Access EFS Encrypted Files After Moving a computer from one domain to another.: I cannot access some EFS encrypted files in Disk D after i moved a machine from one domain to another. Those files could be accessed using the previous domain account. The reason why we joined the machine to a new domain is coz the previous domain is no longer available....
  5. Drive automatically shows unformatted during file copying

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive automatically shows unformatted during file copying: I was copying files from my windows 10 computer to my 32gb usb drive, halfway down the process the copying paused and a popup message appears saying, Drive unformatted, format now. I took out the usb disk and red inserted it hoping it fixes it but no, instead shows the...
  6. External hard drive opens in File explorer every time laptop wakes or starts (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    External hard drive opens in File explorer every time laptop wakes or starts (windows 10): I went through all the checks described in the thread below and still can not fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-wake-up-my-computer-from-sleep-a-file/abf27517-2d85-46a7-a763-f9761c1e3ead...
  7. Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files.: Long Story Short: I had some issues with an application on Windows 7, (Error code 0xc0000005) and someone suggested me to reinstall my Windows or upgrade. (I was going to update to Windows 10 anyway so I thought this is a good reason.). Still, the error persists. The same...
  8. I am unable to open my own files on my own, newly purchased, Windows 10 laptop.

I am unable to open my own files on my own, newly purchased, Windows 10 laptop.: I am the owner and only user of this computer. This seems to have happened just this week, because I think I have accessed files in this same folder before. Please advise....
  9. NewFileGo for Windows: watch for new files and execute programs automatically

in Windows 10 News
    NewFileGo for Windows: watch for new files and execute programs automatically: NewFileGo is a portable software program for Microsoft's Windows operating system that Windows users may use to monitor directories for new files matching set rules to execute commands automatically. Basic examples where something like this may be useful include moving...
  10. File in use - please give proper information

File in use - please give proper information: When trying to delete a file, you might get an error: The action can't be completed because the file is in use by another program. Windows has always been geving the user that generic "can't do it" message since the very early beginnings of Windows 1.0. Now, several...