Windows 10: files accidently erased on ssd

Discus and support files accidently erased on ssd in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted user name and other files on my ssd cant do things as task manager or restore my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mrs CoraBowers, Mar 3, 2019.

1. files accidently erased on ssd

I accidentally deleted user name and other files on my ssd cant do things as task manager or restore my pc

:)

Mrs CoraBowers, Mar 3, 2019
  2. p_o_s_pc Win User

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Securely erasing old SSD - Ubuntu

Very inexperienced with Linux and have been playing around lately with Ubuntu 17.10 successfully recovering data from a bad HDD, quite impressed by it also.

First question is. I have an old OCZ Vertex 3 120GB that has been lying around forever and want to wipe it to factory settings and install Ubuntu on it (so I don't need to run Windows side by side on my current OS drive). I'm assuming the easiest way to do this is to do the following?
    • Boot Ubuntu from USB installer
    • Select 'Try Ubuntu before you install it'
    • Open the Terminal and
    • Use the Command-line to Simple Secure Erase i.e. hdparm --security-erase PASS /dev/sdX
    My second question is, if the above will work do I then need to format the entire SSD in ext4 or does the installer by default format/partition the SSD when 'Erase disk and install Ubuntu' is selected?

files accidently erased on ssd 25d1eb9e8b23d55b-jpg.jpg

Dia01, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

files accidently erased on ssd

Jetster, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

files accidently erased on ssd

1. files accidently erased on ssd - Similar Threads - files accidently erased

2. I downloaded a Nmap file and ran it by accident, which led to me using Erase Secure+,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded a Nmap file and ran it by accident, which led to me using Erase Secure+,...: Note: I bought a new windows key and installed windows via a USB, I've reset my pc again using the function within settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-a-nmap-file-and-ran-it-by-accident/4e4a4ef2-61cc-4f6c-aaef-9e555983e9a8
  3. I downloaded a Nmap file and ran it by accident, which led to me using Erase Secure+,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded a Nmap file and ran it by accident, which led to me using Erase Secure+,...: Note: I bought a new windows key and installed windows via a USB, I've reset my pc again using the function within settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-a-nmap-file-and-ran-it-by-accident/4e4a4ef2-61cc-4f6c-aaef-9e555983e9a8
  4. Always erasing files!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Always erasing files!: I want to know why does my OC always erase my files and I have a constantly download my apps every time!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-erasing-files/b20cd626-c2f9-471a-b5a0-9561231748f7
  5. Secure erase + password lock ssd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secure erase + password lock ssd?: Hi there. I need something that can secure erase my ssd and immediately lock it at the same time so nothing can access it without a password. (I’m dealing with a rootkit virus that spreads itself on every storage device) so i need some kind of tool that can erase it and lock...
  6. erasing files and folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    erasing files and folders: I am trying to erase all my files and folders, Windows 10 advice does not work. It stops half way through ;reset; Are there any apps that will do the job https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erasing-files-and-folders/226fa19a-6957-41cf-b19e-48ce44ba641e
  7. How to erase partitions on SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to erase partitions on SSD?: Hi folks, I got a SSD drive and it has two partitions on it. The drive is 500gb and one of the partitions is 10gb. How can I completely delete the 10gb partition and get the drive back to a functioning 500gb drive again please? When I use the Disk Management program the...
  8. erase windows 10 on ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    erase windows 10 on ssd: Im selling my system and want to remove windows 10 from it. what is the best way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/erase-windows-10-on-ssd/29315124-9fa8-4785-b2b6-857d777d02e0
  9. Secure Erase SSD Samsung

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secure Erase SSD Samsung: I have a samsung SSD and a PNY SSD that I installed on my laptop. I get an error and fix complete when I boot up windows 10. I was told I should do a secure erase and reinstall windows 10. I have tired using samsung magician and make bootable USB but nothing happens. My...
  10. Refresh erasing files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh erasing files.: Hello everyone! I hope this is the correct section to post this, so here goes. Recently, i installed windows 10 pro on a computer and noticed that if i pinned anything on start menu(right hand side tiles) start menu would freeze, close and reopen with default icon locations...