Windows 10: Files and apps have disappeared from my D Disk.

Discus and support Files and apps have disappeared from my D Disk. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, a few days ago I noticed that some one the apps and games on my desktop have turned into a white blank file and when I tried to open them it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IosifTeodor, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Files and apps have disappeared from my D Disk.

Hello, a few days ago I noticed that some one the apps and games on my desktop have turned into a white blank file and when I tried to open them it told me that the shortcut for it has been moved or deleted, which I didn't do, but for other apps it also told me that it is searching for it and I can browse myself to find it, but I did not. I then went to my Local Disk D and saw that the majority of apps were missing. The only thing that I think could have affected my PC is the installation of a torrent downloaded for a game which I immediately deleted, but it did not delete any more files with it. I have to mention that most of the apps that disappeared are cracked games online, although I can't imagine how they have something to do with that certain file.

Is there any way to find and recover my data?

:)

IosifTeodor, Nov 27, 2018
  2. ariefcfa Win User

Bitlocker Causes Taskbar Pinned Apps Disappeared

Alright, the problem is the Desktop directory. Rather than force end explorer process which cause another issue, today i found it is better to moved Desktop directory back to C:\Users\username\Desktop and create a symbolic link to keep the desktop files
    secured with Bitlocker.

The steps are:

• Moved back Desktop directory to original location C:\Users\username\Desktop
    • Moved Desktop files to safe location (in this case to D:\username\Desktop)
    • Delete Desktop directory in step-1
    • Create Dekstop directory symbolic link using elevated command prompt:

code:

mklink /D C:\Users\username\Desktop D:\username\Desktop

This way the Taskbar Pinned apps - in my case - not disappeared unlike before.

Thanks

ariefcfa, Nov 27, 2018
  3. RRR222 Win User
    My disk (D) that had 2TB has disappeared

My disk (D) that had 2TB has disappeared, I cannot locate my DDisk in computer management/disk management.

anyone knows how to fix???

RRR222, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Files and apps have disappeared from my D Disk.

The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Files and apps have disappeared from my D Disk.

1. Files and apps have disappeared from my D Disk. - Similar Threads - Files apps disappeared

2. All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.: I was connecting my iCloud to my laptop, then I got a zoom meeting. When I tried to open some reading files which located in Drive D, I found all of my files disappeared as it has been formatted.I wonder if it’s related to iCloud that I connect before. Does anyone know how to...
  3. All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.: I was connecting my iCloud to my laptop, then I got a zoom meeting. When I tried to open some reading files which located in Drive D, I found all of my files disappeared as it has been formatted.I wonder if it’s related to iCloud that I connect before. Does anyone know how to...
  4. All of my files from Disk D suddenly disappeared this morning. They were there last night.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  6. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  7. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. D disk disappeared, healthy partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D disk disappeared, healthy partition: Hello, for some reason today mi D disk simply disappeared (disk 0). As you can see in the screenshots I can't change the name, it's a healthy partition, and I also tried refreshing and everything, still nothing. It shows as a normal disk in "disk management" but not in "This...
  9. Disk D files disappear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk D files disappear: After a few days upgrade my disk d mostly files disappeared, and some files 0 bytes, i can’t find right solution and disk d free spaces changed 32gb-260gb. Disk d has so many important, unique files, example my student works, university files etc. I don’t know why this...
  10. partition D of my hard disk disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    partition D of my hard disk disappeared: and it become named partition E and some files of old partition E become inseted in it. OLd partition E become partition F. I downloaded lots of tv tuner software and programs from net to find correct tv tuner software. but there s now corruption and i dont know what to do...