Windows 10: Files and apps lost or scattered after restoring backup due to change of Hard Drive

Discus and support Files and apps lost or scattered after restoring backup due to change of Hard Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My Hard Drive was replaced by Dell and I made a backup. After restoring the backup data, my file is scattered or lost. I do not find my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShivamKohli, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Files and apps lost or scattered after restoring backup due to change of Hard Drive

Hello,

My Hard Drive was replaced by Dell and I made a backup. After restoring the backup data, my file is scattered or lost. I do not find my Microsoft Office apps. They are not appearing in the search bar. I had to install the browser and other apps again. A lot of my data cannot be found and my settings have also changed. Everything has become confusing and I don't understand how to find my file.

Can any help me with it? I did create a System Image while making the backup.

Thanks in advance

:)

ShivamKohli, Feb 4, 2021
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Feb 4, 2021
  4. gjc228 Win User

Files and apps lost or scattered after restoring backup due to change of Hard Drive

Restoring a backup

I lost all my data on my iPAQ2210 due to the battery going flat. I have an old backup made before I re-installed all my programs etc onto a new hard drive. The backup file has been moved to the right directory (I hope) but Active Sync tells me it is an old
    version and it cannot restore. Clicking on the suggested help button doesn't work.

Any ideas how to restore the data?

gjc228, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Files and apps lost or scattered after restoring backup due to change of Hard Drive

1. Files and apps lost or scattered after restoring backup due to change of Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Files apps lost

2. Lost windows 11 due to hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost windows 11 due to hard drive failure: I bought a Lenovo laptop and the hard drive failed and I now have to buy a new hard drive. How can I recover my windows 11 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-11-due-to-hard-drive-failure/3090cfae-c935-4cbc-94be-014df99bee91
  3. Lost restore point for backuped files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost restore point for backuped files: I have a lot of files that were backed up with microsofts own backup and restore function.Now when I reinstalled win10 the system can't find any restore points for theese files.Windows added a string to the filenames whenever it was starting a new backup session.The string...
  4. Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive

Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive: I had to send my laptop to get repaired, so I backed up my laptop onto an external hard drive. I have gotten my laptop back, and as expected, everything is gone. I am trying to restore from my backup, but it does not seem to be working. I created the backup with Windows 10,...
  5. Lost files after changing hard drive letter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost files after changing hard drive letter: I was backing up an old hard drive so I could format it and install windows 10, manually copying about 140gbs on the hard drive to another drive. When I plugged in my old drive, my current one changed from E: to H:, probably because I also unplugged and plugged it back in....
  6. Backup of files on hard drives

Backup of files on hard drives: Hello, I wish to know how to setup an incremental backup so it backs up only recently modified files on hard drives. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-of-files-on-hard-drives/6d3fbdac-3730-4c48-ae1e-29579484aa8a
  7. File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive: I recently replaced my hard drive and restored the data from the company that backed up my computer. However, I can not find my Work File. Can anyone help me find it?...
  8. Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?

Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?: When i made a backup image file in my external hard drive can i directly restore it from my hard drive or should i make a bootable copy at an optical drive? And if it's possible to use my hard drive will it erase all the data inside the hard drive?...
  9. Restore files after damaged hard drive

Restore files after damaged hard drive: My hard drive died and was replaced by Dell. Fortunately I think my files were backed up to a Seagate external drive and I can find no clear instructions on how to restore/move my files correctly to my new hard drive. I have the Seagate dashboard but it doesn't seem to...
  10. Activation is lost due to changing hard drive to another pc for a while

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation is lost due to changing hard drive to another pc for a while: Hello, I have problems with my PC that it sometimes it doesn't run properly but when it happens I switch my SSD to my laptop to fix it and get it back to my PC and it made me lose my activation although I have the key and enter it. it gives me error 0xc0ea000a and ask me to...