Windows 10: Files and browsing information disappeared

Discus and support Files and browsing information disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of my photos, documents, and browsing information/history are totally gone. I'm a design major, and two weeks ago I lost all my important design... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1oliviau, Sep 3, 2019.

1. 1oliviau Win User

Files and browsing information disappeared

All of my photos, documents, and browsing information/history are totally gone. I'm a design major, and two weeks ago I lost all my important design files. This happened again last night, and I lost an essay that was due today. Is there any way to recover these files and prevent my computer from doing this again?

:)

1oliviau, Sep 3, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Pech_096 Win User

The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    I don't use any app to convert the files. I just copy the m4a files from my music folder. Then I paste the m4a files in my android phone drive that connected to my laptop. Then a windows pop-up that shows the option converting m4a files to wma files appears.
    You can see the windows pop-up in below picture. Now the windows pop-up is disappeared.

Files and browsing information disappeared b4c1c11b-71d2-4bbb-a1ed-65ca65cf6f71.jpg

This picture was taken a screenshot from the video

• When did the issue start to happen?
    I found this problem last week. However, I didn't convert m4a files to wma files since May, 2017.

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    I updated windows several times prior to the issue.

• Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?
    I haven't done any troubleshooting steps.

Pech_096, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Files and browsing information disappeared - Similar Threads - Files browsing information

2. Tabbed browsing for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed browsing for File Explorer: Has Microsoft activated tabbed browsing on File Explorer in Windows 11, for the consumer edition of Windows? I know it will be activated "in October", but when is that?...
  3. Tabbed browsing for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabbed browsing for File Explorer: Has Microsoft activated tabbed browsing on File Explorer in Windows 11, for the consumer edition of Windows? I know it will be activated "in October", but when is that?...
  4. Need information about Isolated browsing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need information about Isolated browsing: Hi All, What is isolated browsing and what are the useful of installing this.Can i enable this option in my computer.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-information-about-isolated-browsing/3b3315f5-cc63-46d9-9b0b-76afc61255f8
  5. Need information about Isolated browsing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need information about Isolated browsing: Hi All, What is isolated browsing and what are the useful of installing this.Can i enable this option in my computer.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-information-about-isolated-browsing/3b3315f5-cc63-46d9-9b0b-76afc61255f8
  6. Need information about Isolated browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Replaced File information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Replaced File information: Is Windows storing information when file is replaced? If yes where is that information stored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replaced-file-information/8f408349-b2f8-464a-842e-a813670612f4
  8. Excel File Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel File Information: I have used a Excel budget format which I created using Windows Professional 7 on a new laptop that is running Windows 10. The files are saved to a jump drive. When I open the folder, I see all the files, but not the Date Modified, Type and Size. What can I do have that...
  9. Cursor disappears when browsing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor disappears when browsing: How to make visual the cursor when browsing?- now it fades into the backfround https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappears-when-browsing/a44c991d-fbb7-4471-b6df-a8e0575a0b91
  10. Have to browse to update files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have to browse to update files.: Why is windows 10 not allowing updates to other files which when you need to update you have to browse through everything to find it and still doesn't work. Apparently MSN has outgrown MSN and can't handle their own system....