Windows 10: Files and directories go *poof* I need some technical feedback on this issue from those in...

Discus and support Files and directories go *poof* I need some technical feedback on this issue from those in... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my old rig this happened to me one time. I keep my graphics files I'm a content developer part time working in Poser, DAZ Studio and ZBrush So one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardMcCormick, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Files and directories go *poof* I need some technical feedback on this issue from those in...

So my old rig this happened to me one time. I keep my graphics files I'm a content developer part time working in Poser, DAZ Studio and ZBrush So one day I'm organizing my zips into new folders for safe keeping. The next day I wanted to continue with this and had a new batch of zips to install into various Runtimes. So upon finishing I open up the "!Installed" folder where all my newly organized directories with the zips therein were GONE. I mean just gone. Like they never existed. My older system is like my newer system. It's stealth. I turn off the computer every night and even shu

:)

RichardMcCormick, Feb 20, 2022
  2. Kari Win User
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Feb 20, 2022
  4. Files and directories go *poof* I need some technical feedback on this issue from those in...

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Feb 20, 2022
Thema:

Files and directories go *poof* I need some technical feedback on this issue from those in...

1. Files and directories go *poof* I need some technical feedback on this issue from those in... - Similar Threads - Files directories *poof*

2. Files and directories go *poof* I need some technical feedback on this issue from those in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and directories go *poof* I need some technical feedback on this issue from those in...: So my old rig this happened to me one time. I keep my graphics files I'm a content developer part time working in Poser, DAZ Studio and ZBrush So one day I'm organizing my zips into new folders for safe keeping. The next day I wanted to continue with this and had a new batch...
  3. Need some technical advice here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some technical advice here: So I created a user using Microsoft Family. I am currently using Microsoft Edge as the default browser. I have the browser signed in to an account for safe-search reasons so the kids aren't doing things they shouldn't. They get around it by simply signing out of the browser....
  4. Technical Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Technical Issue: Hello Techies, I'm trying to install an application but, it popped up a screen which says ''do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?'' however, there isn't any option to click on yes, its only no. It also says to continue, enter an admin user name and...
  5. Technical Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Technical Issue: I had a problem recently, i reinstalled my computer's windows, and it generated a folder called "windows.old". I connected my computer to the internet and i did asystem update, the computer asked for restart and I did it, when the computer restarted, I went to the...
  6. Technical issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Technical issue: my battery goes off immediately when its disconnected from power supply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/technical-issue/fb683641-a869-4780-bc59-3f852a517e7e
  7. I Need Some Data From A File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Need Some Data From A File: So, something was wrong so I did some investigating. It turns out I was missing Print and its command. Could someone copy the data from print\command - default so I can make my own file? Thanks....
  8. Technical Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Technical Issues: Hi, I have a problem recently with a windows service called "windows host process (Rundell32)", when ever I want to open some settings it shows this message (picture), can I get some help please ?[IMG]...
  9. Some more feedback needed on Diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some more feedback needed on Diskpart: Hi all, I've recently done a clean Windows 10 installation using a Media Creation Tool created flash drive. I always look afterwards in Disk Management or Diskpart to see if the partitions are set up correctly. My clean installation method is always the same I delete all...
  10. File Directory Issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File Directory Issue: All, First of all I just wanted to say everyone has been very helpful on my past PC issues. Your help is greatly appreciated. Here's my problem: A few weeks back I had to reinstall Windows 10. After completion I noticed a problem with File Explorer. When I open it up...