Windows 10: Files and documents are missing

Discus and support Files and documents are missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve bought a new computer and want to share all my files and documents from the old computer to the new one. I installed Windows 10 on my old computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielleShiver, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Files and documents are missing

I’ve bought a new computer and want to share all my files and documents from the old computer to the new one. I installed Windows 10 on my old computer two years ago. My new computer is HP laptop running Windows 10. My files were on OneDrive and I checked them a couple of days before buying a new computer. I cannot find anything on One Drive now. Zero

:)

DanielleShiver, Jan 21, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

My Documents Files - Deleted?

I have a PC where I have moved My Docs away from my C: to my E: so i can perhaps suggest a few things to check.

1. The documents and settings folder will still be present on your C: (although unused)
    2. My Documents on my E: is shown as E:\Data (do you have a similar directory)
    3. Is your missing data in this \Data folder if it exists?
    4. If you click the My Documents shortcut does it take you to the default C:\doc and settings\blah blah, or does it take you to the \Data folder?

Ive had a similar issue with an application resetting the My Docs path back to its orig location and in essence orphaning the My Docs on my E:

IggSter, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Missing files

Hi Norma,

In order to help you with your concern about missing files that is now in the listed apps, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • Have you tried clicking on the Turbo Tax files app itself and after that, you should see a
      Move option and then you can choose to relocate it to Documents
      from there?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Files and documents are missing

documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Files and documents are missing

1. Files and documents are missing - Similar Threads - Files documents are

2. Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?: I work on teams in my organisation and we work with a lot of files and have 5 people all feeding into - I am trying to find out how we can get the timestamp on the files to show who last modified a documents and at what time but have not been able to . I am sure it must be...
  3. Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?: I work on teams in my organisation and we work with a lot of files and have 5 people all feeding into - I am trying to find out how we can get the timestamp on the files to show who last modified a documents and at what time but have not been able to . I am sure it must be...
  4. Timestamp on files and documents missing in teams folders ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Missing documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing documents: My documents and files are disappearing from my computer. When I go to one drive I have some of them but not all of them. Why are things disappearing.For example: I have the H&R Block Program. I saved files through this program and when I looked at it today there are no...
  6. File missing all the words in the document

File missing all the words in the document: ok, I got maybe a unique one for you all... today I turned on a laptop I have not turned on in over a year. i needed a document i had saved on it and was able to access it. I changed one line in the document hit the save icon and was about to send it to myself in email...
  7. My Documents missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Documents missing: Win 10 went belly up after an update. I did a reset. Now it is not showing My documents or my back up drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-missing/bc1bbfcc-7e02-4ae0-a31e-4734a0ac490d
  8. photos and documents missing

photos and documents missing: Everytime there is an update all my documents and photos go missing from their folders. Where are they? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-and-documents-missing/1da10242-512a-4436-ba93-a3321fe682b4
  9. Missing files, documents, photos and apps.

Missing files, documents, photos and apps.: Hello, upon turning on my computer, I discovered all of my side account of files, document, photos-everything, was gone. My computer looks as if it were wiped clean and set to factory settings, like a reset. If I try to use an app like Microsoft Edge, it loaded as if it were...
  10. Missing 'Documents' folder

Missing 'Documents' folder: I just booted up my new PC with an SSD primary drive and a secondary HDD for storage. I was attempting to relocate my default user folders (Documents, Downloads, Music, etc) to the HDD and somehow screwed it up. I started with the Documents folder and realized I had messed...