Windows 10: Files and Folders keep Reappearing

Discus and support Files and Folders keep Reappearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am on a Windows 10 computer and recently I've noticed that sometimes when I log on all of my files and or folders that I've previously deleted have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hereforhelp321, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Files and Folders keep Reappearing

I am on a Windows 10 computer and recently I've noticed that sometimes when I log on all of my files and or folders that I've previously deleted have come back and are on my pc desktop. For one particular file it takes like 5 tries to delete it all the way because it keeps reappearing. I have to put it in the Recycle Bin like three times and delete it all the way two times before it disappears. Some of the files that I still have on my computer get taken out of their folder for some reason as well. It's not an immediate problem but I'm concerned that it's doing that. It has been doing this for a few months now, don't know how it started. If anyone could help me that'd be great! Thanks :

:)

hereforhelp321, Dec 17, 2020

2. Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

Hi Mayzhin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may not be able to completely delete a file/ folder if it is being used. I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    resolve folder reappearing after deletion and check
    if it works.

You may also go through repair Windows file and folder
    problems
    and check.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Files and Folders keep Reappearing

Folders keep reappearing

Hello CNSZU, and welcome to Ten Forums. Files and Folders keep Reappearing :)

When you close and reopen File Explorer next, does the folder go away again under This PC?

Brink, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Files and Folders keep Reappearing

1. Files and Folders keep Reappearing - Similar Threads - Files Folders keep

2. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  3. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  4. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Documents folder keeps reappearing in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder keeps reappearing in OneDrive?: Hi,I don't need the Documents folder in OneDrive but when I delete it, it keeps reappearing at a later time in the day.Is there a way to stop this happening?Cheers...
  6. Documents folder keeps reappearing in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder keeps reappearing in OneDrive?: Hi,I don't need the Documents folder in OneDrive but when I delete it, it keeps reappearing at a later time in the day.Is there a way to stop this happening?Cheers...
  7. Documents folder keeps reappearing in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!: I've installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on a separate SSD (Z:) which I managed to configure correctly on the second attempt. For some reason there is an empty Program Files folder containing an empty ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I deleted the Program Files folder by taking...
  9. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...
  10. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...