Windows 10: Files and folders names in explorer

Discus and support Files and folders names in explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Letters in the name of files or folders in explorer are separated. For example, look at the screenshots:[ATTACH][ATTACH] As you can see, the name is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Edvards Vārna, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Files and folders names in explorer

Letters in the name of files or folders in explorer are separated. For example, look at the screenshots: Files and folders names in explorer 052700ee-7f50-4cfb-a722-77c4f4749cf9?upload=true.jpg Files and folders names in explorer 007a6633-740e-41d2-90c0-66380aa626a5?upload=true.jpg

As you can see, the name is written as a single word, but, when i save it, it separates.

How to solve this problem? I have the latest Windows 10 2004 update, but the problem appeared much earlier. All drivers if it's matter are updated, nothing was changed in register. It just suddenly appeared once and doesn't disappear.

Also, stuff like SFC scan or DISM commands were completed successfully.

:)

Edvards Vārna, Jun 27, 2020

2. Win10 File Explorer will not allow naming a new folder

Just downloaded Windows 10. In File Explorer I tried to create a new folder, but could not enter a name. The box closed and reverted to New Folder. Tried Rename, but box closed after entering first letter. Also in list of folders, keeps auto scrolling to
    top.

Edit:

Link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-rename/3d93fe8a-6041-4d2b-97a0-8fd7cc4f1a2d

Title:

File Explorer will not rename

Just downloaded Windows 10. In File Explorer I tried to create a new folder, but could not enter a name. The box closed and reverted to New Folder. Tried Rename, but box closed after entering first letter.
    Also in list of folders, keeps auto scrolling to top.

No color problems, so do not understand first reply.

AngusScully, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Files and folders names in explorer

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Files and folders names in explorer

1. Files and folders names in explorer - Similar Threads - Files folders names

2. File Explorer - Dodgy Folder Naming Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Dodgy Folder Naming Behavior: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎1/‎2020 OS build 19045.3693 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 In File Explorer, in the Navigation Pane, when I create a new folder and start to type in the name, the cursor will automatically...
  3. File Explorer - Dodgy Folder Naming Behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Dodgy Folder Naming Behavior: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎1/‎2020 OS build 19045.3693 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 In File Explorer, in the Navigation Pane, when I create a new folder and start to type in the name, the cursor will automatically...
  4. File Explorer - Dodgy Folder Naming Behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why do the folder/file names disappear in File Explorer?

Why do the folder/file names disappear in File Explorer?: Hello, I am having an issue where when I open File Explorer sometimes the file names will disappear when I hover my mouse over them. This goes for the Downloads, Documents, etc as well. Computer is up to date, as is system, It only happens once in awhile but when it does I...
  6. Why do the folder/file names disappear in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do the folder/file names disappear in File Explorer?: Hello, I am having an issue where when I open File Explorer sometimes the file names will disappear when I hover my mouse over them. This goes for the Downloads, Documents, etc as well. Computer is up to date, as is system, It only happens once in awhile but when it does I...
  7. Why do the folder/file names disappear in File Explorer?

8. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  9. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  10. File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing

File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing: Hello, I have run across this over and over again after some recent update with windows 10 - not sure what the heck is going on - but it's becoming increasingly annoying that every 5 out of 10 times i restart my computer I run across this. The file names in the File...