Windows 10: Files and Folders randomly dissappeard

Discus and support Files and Folders randomly dissappeard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I am looking for some help regarding a problem I just ran into. Earlier today I had filmed a video and was editing it. I saved all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DragnarMuggins, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Files and Folders randomly dissappeard

Hello!

I am looking for some help regarding a problem I just ran into.

Earlier today I had filmed a video and was editing it. I saved all the files to my D: drive (1TB hardrive)

I had been saving them in a folder that was a few folders deep into my D: drive.

This is what it looked like

D: New Volume - MurrayBros- Sketches - Video Games Suck - Firewatch sucks

I was saving them in the last one (Firewatch Sucks).

When I had finished saving everything, I went to go look at my new video and the folder was gone.

This is what it currently looks like now

D: New Volume - MurrayBros - Sketches - new folder

all those files are gone, and the folder Firewatch sucks is gone, and the folder which I had named Video Games Suck is now titled new folder.

Can anyone help?

:)

DragnarMuggins, Feb 17, 2016

2. Where do downloaded files go?

i checked

C:\system\dmgr\{randomly named folder}\contents

There may be many randomly named folders ,check them all.

File may be at similar address in E:\ drive

abhisek243, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Randomizing Files in a Folder

Can anyone tell me if I can set a folder in my C: drive to randomly sort the files in the folder if I want to randomize the files at that particular minute?

Millington, Feb 17, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Files and Folders randomly dissappeard

And the search function doesnt find it? Im not sure if the D drive is indexed by default mine wasnt maybe goto control panel , indexing options then modify and select D . What about enableing "hidden files and folders" incase its been hidden? If its a big file WinDirStat provides a graphical representation of your hard drive maybe route it out that way. Try piriform's Recuva (free program for finding deleted files)

Archie123, Feb 17, 2016
  5. I downloaded Recuva and it worked! Thank you so much!

DragnarMuggins, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Files and Folders randomly dissappeard

1. Files and Folders randomly dissappeard - Similar Threads - Files Folders randomly

2. Random Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Files: I just did a reinstall Windows 10. I am still getting this files Vmvudhjh it a bin file. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-files/db997cef-dadb-411c-9ef2-e5ead6cf4d2b"
  3. File Explorer Closes Randomly when In a Shared Folder

File Explorer Closes Randomly when In a Shared Folder: I am trying to troubleshoot an issue for my dad's work computer (Windows 10 Pro), and his IT guys have been no help. Basically, a few times a day, when he has File Explorer open and is viewing a shared network drive, File Explorer will close by itself. I've discovered that a...
  4. Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...

Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...: I have a folder named Music, with several subfolders and the subfolder has further sub folders. e.g. Music - The rest - Artie Shaw. For some reason the "Artie Shaw" folder copies itself to "Music" (from "The rest") and moves a few of the files from Artie Shaw. The original...
  5. Random Folders Created on My File Explorer (Windows 10)!!

Random Folders Created on My File Explorer (Windows 10)!!: Hi, I have two folders that are on my file explorer on of them called "Messages" and another called "work flow" and i did not create these but when i try deleting them they don't leave, im really worried and i need a solution fast!! So if someone would be so kind as to...
  6. Folder customization changes randomly

Folder customization changes randomly: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...
  7. Folder customization changes randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder customization changes randomly: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...
  8. Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files: Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager, It pops up after a certain interval of time and switches off my wifi, when I right clicked and tried to locate it, it shows a folder with a weird name inside the Program Files. Scanned the laptop with Rogue Killer, Defender and MBAM,...
  9. Random Folder Duplication

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Folder Duplication: So every now and then on my C:/ drive I get a folder called "Program" and it mirrors my "Program Files (x86)" folder. (Its a hardlink) It happens with other folders too. I'm kinda baffled at finding whats causing this. Anybody here have any tips to root out the cause? 69750
  10. SSD Folder Randomly Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Folder Randomly Opening: So I just put together this new machine and for some reason Explorer keeps opening to one of my SSDs seemingly at random. The SSD is an OCZ Vertex4 256GB and the only thing it's used for is as a scratch drive for Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS6. This happens even when...