Windows 10: Files and Folders randomly dissappeard

Discus and support Files and Folders randomly dissappeard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I am looking for some help regarding a problem I just ran into. Earlier today I had filmed a video and was editing it. I saved all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DragnarMuggins, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Files and Folders randomly dissappeard

Hello!

I am looking for some help regarding a problem I just ran into.

Earlier today I had filmed a video and was editing it. I saved all the files to my D: drive (1TB hardrive)

I had been saving them in a folder that was a few folders deep into my D: drive.

This is what it looked like

D: New Volume - MurrayBros- Sketches - Video Games Suck - Firewatch sucks

I was saving them in the last one (Firewatch Sucks).

When I had finished saving everything, I went to go look at my new video and the folder was gone.

This is what it currently looks like now

D: New Volume - MurrayBros - Sketches - new folder

all those files are gone, and the folder Firewatch sucks is gone, and the folder which I had named Video Games Suck is now titled new folder.

Can anyone help?

:)

DragnarMuggins, Feb 17, 2016

2. Where do downloaded files go?

i checked

C:\system\dmgr\{randomly named folder}\contents

There may be many randomly named folders ,check them all.

File may be at similar address in E:\ drive

abhisek243, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Randomizing Files in a Folder

Can anyone tell me if I can set a folder in my C: drive to randomly sort the files in the folder if I want to randomize the files at that particular minute?

Millington, Feb 17, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Files and Folders randomly dissappeard

And the search function doesnt find it? Im not sure if the D drive is indexed by default mine wasnt maybe goto control panel , indexing options then modify and select D . What about enableing "hidden files and folders" incase its been hidden? If its a big file WinDirStat provides a graphical representation of your hard drive maybe route it out that way. Try piriform's Recuva (free program for finding deleted files)

Archie123, Feb 17, 2016
  5. I downloaded Recuva and it worked! Thank you so much!

DragnarMuggins, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Files and Folders randomly dissappeard

1. Files and Folders randomly dissappeard - Similar Threads - Files Folders randomly

2. Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?: I don't know what happened, but I was just checking to look for something in my downloads folder and a notification popped up saying something along the lines of the folder being unavailable. I have some seriously important files in downloads so I went looking through the web...
  3. File Transfer to a Shared folder stops randomly [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    File Transfer to a Shared folder stops randomly [Fixed]: [ATTACH]When copying files to a shared folder, if the process randomly stops, this post will help you fix it. Shared folders are a great way to centralize resources, and they can be in the form of a shared folder on a PC or in a centralized storage location connected to a...
  4. Random NTFS errors and files/folders getting deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random NTFS errors and files/folders getting deleted: I have Windows 10 21H1 , Build 19043.1415I keep getting NTFS errors that keep asking me to restart and repair drives.I have ran chkdsk on both C and D drives multiples times but this keeps coming back.It also keeps deleting files because of this. In D drive. non-system drive...
  5. Random NTFS errors and files/folders getting deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random NTFS errors and files/folders getting deleted: I have Windows 10 21H1 , Build 19043.1415I keep getting NTFS errors that keep asking me to restart and repair drives.I have ran chkdsk on both C and D drives multiples times but this keeps coming back.It also keeps deleting files because of this. In D drive. non-system drive...
  6. Spotlight folder keeps being filled with random files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight folder keeps being filled with random files: Hello, My Spotlight feature on Windows 10 keeps breaking. I struggled with this earlier, and now, with a fresh install on a new hard drive, the issue still occurs, so I wanted to check whether there is a way to fix this. I have read a few threads on how to fix spotlight...
  7. Random Program Files Folder on D: Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Program Files Folder on D: Drive: hey y’all, i got a new ssd and i’m replacing my Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive with it i used to download games on that drive (the D: drive is the external hard drive) and after i got an SSD (E:) i started downloading games there i’ve moved all my files from my D: Drive to...
  8. Random Folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random Folders: I keep getting what seems like hundreds of files being created in my drive. [ATTACH] I opened one of the folders, and there was a FILE file, I opened it in notepads and I saw this :[ATTACH]And this is only part of it, there is a lot more, I tried to google translate it, and...
  9. File Explorer Closes Randomly when In a Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Closes Randomly when In a Shared Folder: I am trying to troubleshoot an issue for my dad's work computer (Windows 10 Pro), and his IT guys have been no help. Basically, a few times a day, when he has File Explorer open and is viewing a shared network drive, File Explorer will close by itself. I've discovered that a...
  10. Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...: I have a folder named Music, with several subfolders and the subfolder has further sub folders. e.g. Music - The rest - Artie Shaw. For some reason the "Artie Shaw" folder copies itself to "Music" (from "The rest") and moves a few of the files from Artie Shaw. The original...