Windows 10: Files and Folders search bar is not working

Discus and support Files and Folders search bar is not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It seems as though the last time my Windows 10 did an update, the search bar is not working right. It comes up blank even when there are definitely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kingoffice, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Files and Folders search bar is not working

It seems as though the last time my Windows 10 did an update, the search bar is not working right. It comes up blank even when there are definitely files that should.

I've tried a few "fixes" that did not.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really need to fix this for my work files.

Thanks for your time!

~Becky

:)

Kingoffice, Nov 9, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Nov 9, 2020
  3. search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Files and Folders search bar is not working

Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Files and Folders search bar is not working

1. Files and Folders search bar is not working - Similar Threads - Files Folders search

2. Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Search bar not working: When i click on my search bar it doesnt even open and i keep on clicking it and it doesnt do anything, and when i open task manager i look and the search task crashes all the time. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. search bar in drives not working i am not able to search any files or folders

in Cortana
    search bar in drives not working i am not able to search any files or folders: in event log recived this below error.Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 16-06-2021 13:23:16 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: FSFBBLRSW10993.DISHA.LOCAL Description: Faulting application name:...
  4. file explorer search bar is missing in every folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    file explorer search bar is missing in every folder: [ATTACH] The file explorer search bar is missing from every folder. I have tried removing all updates but that did not fix it on my asus tuf laptop. I previously had this problem on my msi laptop and the fix was to remove the feature update. However, removing the feature...
  5. Search bar not working

Search bar not working: Windows was working fine all day and suddenly I'm unable to use search bar submitted by /u/CitrusFart [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz8u0d/search_bar_not_working/
  6. Folder Explorer Search Bar

in Cortana
    Folder Explorer Search Bar: I have a minor search bar issue I notice for some time now...When i perform a search it used to pop up files with that match the text as I type. Any file not related to it would disappear....files without cat is still displayed....Now I have to hit the forward arrow to...
  7. File Explorer search bar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search bar not working: I've noticed this issue yesterday. When I try to search something in my File Explorer it looks like it's searching but the green bar seems to go on forever. I left it up for an hour and it was still searching when I came back. I even tried to look for files that I knew were...
  8. Search bar is not working

Search bar is not working: My windows 10 search bar is not working, I cannot search anything i can type in it but I cannot view anything Cortana works as intended but otherwise no https://gyazo.com/2aca58ff56a9880cd344cbd31b8f0230 submitted by /u/Shit_Talking_Irelia [link] [comments]...
  9. Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Search bar not working: When I click on the search bar nothing happens it just shows me the loading icon , I tried troubleshooting it didn't work . This happened after I updated to an optional update that showed in the Check for updates tab....
  10. Search Bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar not working: When i try to search with cortana it just shows a blue loading line. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-working/5445367b-e5c2-4648-ad98-1955202457b0"