Windows 10: Files and folders with red x ?

Discus and support Files and folders with red x ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help please, today i see small red x on all my files and folders. Why is this and what can i do to resolve the issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harris69_448, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Files and folders with red x ?

Help please, today i see small red x on all my files and folders. Why is this and what can i do to resolve the issue?

:)

Harris69_448, Apr 16, 2020
  2. SlavaB. Win User

File Explorer shows red "x" mark at a folder name

File Explorer shows red "x" mark next to a folder symbol, however this folder is accessible and seems all right. What does red "x" mark mean? Thank you

SlavaB., Apr 16, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Red X symbol in front of Documents folder

Hi Rhonda_M

That red X, if it is in the bottom left corner of the Documents Icon, means OneDrive has not been successful in syncing that folder, there may be just one file in that folder which OneDrive cannot sync . .

The documents folder contains a lot of application data that is specific to each user. your best option is to have a folder inside the documents folder for all your files

Then in OneDrive Settings remove the documents folder form the list of synced items and add that folder winch contains only your files . . .

DaveM121, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Files and folders with red x ?

Red X on documents folder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

I appreciate you for the troubleshooting methods that you have tried.

As the issue still remains, I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Method 1: I request you to perform system file checker. Follow the steps below which will help you:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow.
    The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.

You can also follow the steps in the following article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

If the issue persists, try this:

Method 2:
    I request you to use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.

Follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.

• Run the "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" command.
    Important:
    When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running Windows installation as the repair source,
    or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Files and folders with red x ?

1. Files and folders with red x ? - Similar Threads - Files folders red

2. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  3. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  4. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. red x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    red x: Why do i get a red x when i am trying to burn a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/c67ee4e9-270c-4cbe-bf37-43d6726c79d3
  6. red x

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    red x: Why do i get a red x when i am trying to burn a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/c67ee4e9-270c-4cbe-bf37-43d6726c79d3
  7. Red x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red x: I have a red x on applications on my desktop how dp I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/e34d33a4-3abb-436f-b62c-3428c362e2d8
  8. Some folders / files display a red X.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some folders / files display a red X.: Some folders display a red X. What are they and how can I remove them? 148704
  9. red x

red x: I have a red x though my live messenger how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/ccfafb8d-1b43-4260-be00-12bfa5b1aad7
  10. RED X

RED X: Just got a new computer and there is a red x next to desktop, pictures ...how do I get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/76bfe88e-f667-4d00-b796-7fa0fb112fdd