Windows 10: Files and or services that reset my registry, group policy and other settings?

Discus and support Files and or services that reset my registry, group policy and other settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm trying to figure out which services, executables, registries and group policies reset MY configuration when I restart my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamJason, Feb 15, 2020.

1. AdamJason Win User

Files and or services that reset my registry, group policy and other settings?

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out which services, executables, registries and group policies reset MY configuration when I restart my computer. Whenever I edit registry files, group policy files or services they just reset themselves when I restart the computer and my only conclusion is that there are a specific set of files and services etc. that reset everything when my computer is restarted. Anyone know which files and or services these would be?

:)

AdamJason, Feb 15, 2020

2. Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Group Policy Client Services

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which version of Windows is installed on your computer?
    2. Is your system connected to Domain network?

If you are not on a domain network you can try the troubleshooting steps provided below.

Method 1: Winsock reset.

1. Start your PC in safe mode.
    2. Once you are on the same mode.
    3. Search for Command Prompt on the Start Menu.
    4. Right click and Run as Administrator.
    5. Type in netsh winsock reset
      on the command prompt and hit enter.
    6. Reboot the computer and check.

If you still face the issue you can try the suggestion

How to fix "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access denied." error?
    Posted by Mohammad Iqubal, However from this article I suggest you not to delete the data, you can try to move
    it to a safe location.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Files and or services that reset my registry, group policy and other settings?

Failed to connect to the group policy client services

Hi Mukul,

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

The issue that you are facing may be due to the reasons stated below:

· User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working.

· Antivirus software conflicts.

· I would suggest that you first check if the services for Group Policy are running.

To do so follow the steps mentioned below
    :

• Find the Group Policy Client service.
    • Right click on the service, and click on Properties.
    • The service status should be started and startup type
      automatic, if not, change the values accordingly, then click Apply and then OK.
    • Press Windows + R key and type "services.msc" and press enter.

Let us know if this helps.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Files and or services that reset my registry, group policy and other settings?

1. Files and or services that reset my registry, group policy and other settings? - Similar Threads - Files services reset

2. Reset Group Policy to Defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Group Policy to Defaults: I am trying to reset the default group policies, Default Domain Controllers Policy and Default Domain Policy.When I run the dcgpofix /target:both with or without /ignoreschema I get the prompts "You are about to restore Default Domain Policy and Default Domain Controller...
  3. Reset Group Policy to Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Group Policy to Defaults: I am trying to reset the default group policies, Default Domain Controllers Policy and Default Domain Policy.When I run the dcgpofix /target:both with or without /ignoreschema I get the prompts "You are about to restore Default Domain Policy and Default Domain Controller...
  4. Bitlocker Group Policy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Group Policy settings: Dear reader,I have a question about the bitlocker group policy settings. More specifically about the configuration of the pre-boot recovery message and URL. In the image below it's in Dutch you see the standard bitlocker recovery message. We know it is possible to include an...
  5. Edit group policy service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Edit group policy service: My win 10 home single Edit group policy service not found how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-group-policy-service/d3a76e77-7e9a-4146-80f8-068df14db86a
  6. Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with powershell/group policy - extra registry settings: So i'm working on cleaning up/out a Veeeeery long running windows install. group policy, task scheduler, and event viewer touching up are on the to-do. Problem is, I cant get past the first annoyance :P So ive installed the RSAT tools to afford me the ability to clean out...
  7. Group Policy Client Services

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Group Policy Client Services: I have been locked out of logging on. This is the message I receive: The Group Policy Client service failed to sign in . Access Denied. How do I fix this?...
  8. reset group policies

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset group policies: I am getting the message "Some settings are managed by your organization" in windows update settings and "options to choose when updates are installed" are greyed out. Looking at "policies set on your device" several are listed, as Source: Administrator, and Type: "Group...
  9. Group Policy Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Settings: I just installed an update, lost my Stickies - destroying my world, & my default app settings are changing on their own. I contacted Microsoft after exhausting all available info online, had a remote session, 2 chats, and it is still broken. Does anyone know the steps to...
  10. Group Policy service

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy service: For about a week now, each time I boot up, I receive this message as a pop-up – “Failed to connect to a Windows Service. Windows couldn’t connect to the Group Policy service.” I have problems using File Explorer, none of the options (such as Recovery) are available in...