Windows 10: Files and Programs During Updates

Discus and support Files and Programs During Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I keep my files and programs that I had before after updating to Windows 10 1903. And I haven't been able to find any answers that actually answer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Went Brown, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Files and Programs During Updates

Can I keep my files and programs that I had before after updating to Windows 10 1903. And I haven't been able to find any answers that actually answer my questions and allay my fears..........

:)

Went Brown, Sep 28, 2019
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Sep 28, 2019
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

4. 3Colors Win User

Files and Programs During Updates

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Files and Programs During Updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Files and Programs During Updates

1. Files and Programs During Updates - Similar Threads - Files Programs During

2. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: You: There is a program named Update in my Startup programs list in task manager. It has no publisher; the generic .exe icon & I can't click into and see its file location or properties. Is this from a recent update, or has my computer been infected?Me: No, Files Details-Type...
  3. Could you stop installing programs and flicking switches during updates?

Could you stop installing programs and flicking switches during updates?: With each update, I'm tired of having to uninstall programs which I do not want on my PC and have already removed previously. Edge is a prime candidate here. I don't want to use it because it is inferior to Vivaldi in every capacity. Stop reinstalling it. A 'Camera'...
  4. Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?: I'm using Windows 10 and I noticed these two entries in the Startup programs list. Both of them have no publisher attached which gives me some concern. I uninstalled Opera browser which got rid of "Update". Not sure what "Program" relates to. Anyone know how I can find...
  5. Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update.: How do I restore jpeg files that were deleted from ther C drive in the last Microsoft update? These files are not in the recycle bin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-files-deleted-during-windows-10-update/39bc7026-6678-43cf-94fe-93e7d60a92e5
  6. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: This is a follow up question to the one posted a few months ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mysterious-update-file-in-startup-programs/a1c13bd9-d05f-4c23-abb4-efb927d3d130 I actually discovered this entry shows up when you delete an app that was...
  7. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: There is a program named Update in my Startup programs list in task manager. It has no publisher, the generic .exe icon, and I can't click into and see its file location or properties. Is this from a recent update, or has my computer been infected? Until i'm sure, I don't...
  8. program files and program files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    program files and program files x86: what If I mixed program files and program files x86 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-and-program-files-x86/0e6ed22e-7f14-4bea-ba3c-65079ee7a563"
  9. BSOD During Installation of Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD During Installation of Programs: So I started receiving BSOD's and crashes a week ago on computer wake up and bootup so I decided to update my drivers using IOBIT Driver Booster. However during the installation of the various drivers, I got a BSOD and when I restarted my synaptics trackpad no longer worked....
  10. Change default "Programs Files" location during Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change default "Programs Files" location during Windows Installation: I was wondering if it were possible while performing a new installation of Windows to not only change the default location of your "User Account " folders but also to change the default location of your "Programs Files and Program Files (x86)" folders? If so please point me...