Windows 10: "Files" app made my Windows File explorer blank

Discus and support "Files" app made my Windows File explorer blank in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I installed Files from Microsoft Store, the default file explorer is empty, i need a way to fix this submitted by /u/Izanaski [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Izanaski, Feb 8, 2021.

1. "Files" app made my Windows File explorer blank

When I installed Files from Microsoft Store, the default file explorer is empty, i need a way to fix this

submitted by /u/Izanaski
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Izanaski, Feb 8, 2021
  2. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 8, 2021
  4. slozomby Win User

"Files" app made my Windows File explorer blank

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

"Files" app made my Windows File explorer blank

1. "Files" app made my Windows File explorer blank - Similar Threads - Files app made

2. File Explorer made a oopsie

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer made a oopsie: Hello, I'm a little disgruntled at the file explorer as I noticed the 6 folders that are in this pc is no longer on the left side bar and I'm really aggravated at the fact that those 6 folders are no longer on the left side as it was for me a easier way to get to my downloads...
  3. File Explorer made a oopsie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer made a oopsie: Hello, I'm a little disgruntled at the file explorer as I noticed the 6 folders that are in this pc is no longer on the left side bar and I'm really aggravated at the fact that those 6 folders are no longer on the left side as it was for me a easier way to get to my downloads...
  4. File explorer is completely blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer is completely blank: Every section of my file explorer is now completely blank. I can still access all my files but I can't see any of them. I haven't downloaded anything recently. My windows version number is build 19041.1052. Thanks 182496
  5. file explorer got blank

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file explorer got blank: I just installed the sound changer for windows and then this happened I don't know why please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/file-explorer-got-blank/a4da69d8-b572-414f-b391-1ff666c8b5c6
  6. File Explorer is Blank????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer is Blank????: The problem is that everything is blank. When I try to open it to upload a picture in places like discord or here, it works fine, but when I open File Explorer on its own it has this issue. I've tried to go to the "view" menu and reset defaults, I've tried a command prompt...
  7. Files won't show. File explorer blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files won't show. File explorer blank: I've been working on my computer all day. Just an hour or two ago it started slowing down. I made sure every thing was okay in my task manager and then I scanned for viruses, but nothing turned up. I've repeated those things several times, and i still lag/won't see any files...
  8. File Explorer ribbon is blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer ribbon is blank: [ATTACH]A couple days ago after Windows did an update, suddenly the Ribbon in File Explorer is always blank. Have done few more updates, hoping it would sort itself out, but it hasn't. Also started in Safe Mode, and it the issue is still there....
  9. OpenWith crashes File Explorer, Apps & Features blank

in Windows 10 Support
    OpenWith crashes File Explorer, Apps & Features blank: Like many Win10 users, I'm getting used to having to reset my file associations occasionally, for example, getting PDF files to open with Acrobat instead of Edge. Recently I'm seeing some related problems. Sometimes when I right-click a file and select Open with, Windows...
  10. File Explorer Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Icons blank: After reinstalling Windows 10 my Word and data file icons were blank. I found in C:\windows\SHELLNEWthat the WINWORD8.DOC icon was blank so I changed it to the correct icon and itfixed my problems! See image: 90226