Windows 10: Files appearing and disappearing.

Discus and support Files appearing and disappearing. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey! I'm having some troubles with my pc. File named NTUSER.DAT is appeared in my user folder and other folders. It wasn't there before and it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RafaBD, Dec 3, 2018.

1. RafaBD Win User

Files appearing and disappearing.

Hey!

I'm having some troubles with my pc.

File named NTUSER.DAT is appeared in my user folder and other folders. It wasn't there before and it used to be in Public folder. Also other .DAT files disappeared.

Also I can't run msert.exe. I get an error which says i need administrator group to run it. I tried to run it as administator and ended up getting the same error.

My pc has been doing some weird stuff in the background and i would like to find out what.

:)

RafaBD, Dec 3, 2018

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Mr Mag00 Win User
    Appearing and disappearing files!

Files appearing and disappearing. [​IMG]

In EXAMPLE 1, I was saving one file to the folder, actually named GOONdoggles, expecting to see the files I already put in that folder... but instead, I saw these Photoshop files.

In EXAMPLE 2, I arrived at the folder by navigating through file explorer, and when I got there, I saw files from lots of different places. I had only put a few files in that folder but I'm seeing a ZILLION other files there. I can't even decide which files I wanted to be in there!

Mr Mag00, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Files appearing and disappearing.

Appearing and disappearing files!

Look at Save as type:

Save as type: not only species the file type, but it also defines the file types presented in the save window.
    You only see PSD files because Photoshop (*.PSD, *.PDD, *.PSDT) is in the Save as type: field.

Some applications have other types or allow you to see All types using the drop down list.

The same might apply to Open file

Sofine409 gave a nice description - a picture is worth ....

I guess they do that so you can see the file names of other files of that type. It throws me off every once in a while too.

Slartybart, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Files appearing and disappearing.

1. Files appearing and disappearing. - Similar Threads - Files appearing disappearing

2. Partitions appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions appear and disappear: Hey, there. The story begins with the desire to upgrade the initial hdd samsung 500gb quite old, but having no problems with it. Starting from here I got a 120gb ssd to put the win on and a 1tb barakuda seagate. All well and beautiful, I installed them, I installed the win...
  3. Partitions appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitions appear and disappear: Hey, there. The story begins with the desire to upgrade the initial hdd samsung 500gb quite old, but having no problems with it. Starting from here I got a 120gb ssd to put the win on and a 1tb barakuda seagate. All well and beautiful, I installed them, I installed the win...
  4. Partitions appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A grey box appears and then disappears

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A grey box appears and then disappears: For a couple of days I am getting this but...here how it goes....Whenever I try to sign in anywhere outside of the Microsoft store, I get grey box which disappears very quickly.Whenever I try to login in XBOX, MINECRAFT, XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION it just shows a grey box which...
  6. A grey box appears and then disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A grey box appears and then disappears: For a couple of days I am getting this but...here how it goes....Whenever I try to sign in anywhere outside of the Microsoft store, I get grey box which disappears very quickly.Whenever I try to login in XBOX, MINECRAFT, XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION it just shows a grey box which...
  7. Audio appears and disappears randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio appears and disappears randomly: Hi all, For no apparent reason audio from my laptop's internal speakers appears and disappears. As I was troubleshooting I noticed random fluctuation in the audio levels in Windows Stereo Mixer. Take a look at this short video here demonstrating both the audio loss as well...
  8. My music files disappears and then appears again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My music files disappears and then appears again: I have this problem with Windows Media Player, computer and also external HD where I thought I could back up my files. All of a sudden the music disappears and I couldn’t find the files anywhere but then also all of a sudden they show up. The period may take about 10 days....
  9. Appearing and disappearing files!

in Windows 10 Support
    Appearing and disappearing files!: Could someone please explain this to me? In Windows 10, I have a folder called GOONS. I put some files in it. But when I looked at it a while later, many more files were there! And then the next time I looked, they were gone! I wanna be able to put the files I want, in a...
  10. What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer: 10C1C64FFDSC69827ABF b7f63cc5ba627ee9391 Note the former is all caps while the later only lower case letters. Their locations in File Explorer seems to change a lot and they don't open. I made up these numbers because when I went to find them, I couldn't and don't know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. register file appearing disappearing

2. files disappear and appear from desktop