Windows 10: files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc

Discus and support files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I recently reconnected to the internet and almost immediately I had old files from my recycle bin appear on my desktop that I can not move or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StephenRomanycia1, May 25, 2019.

1. files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc

Hello I recently reconnected to the internet and almost immediately I had old files from my recycle bin appear on my desktop that I can not move or delete. Also I am unable to reset my pc.

:)

StephenRomanycia1, May 25, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 25, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Unable to delete a file

Hi Brent,

There are a lot of possible reason why the issue occurs, we suggest that you access
    safe mode
    and
    delete the files there. If the same issue occur,
    reboot
    your PC and run these following
    methods of troubleshooting
    steps:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 3: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 25, 2019
  4. files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc

Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, May 25, 2019
Thema:

files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc

1. files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc - Similar Threads - files appearing desktop

2. Cannot delete file on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete file on desktop: I have a PDF file on my desktop that I had received and am trying to delete it. The PDF file used to open in the Microsoft Edge web browser Edge is my default browser but now it does not open at all. Even, if I try to open it with another browser, it still does not open at...
  3. Cannot delete file on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete file on desktop: I have a PDF file on my desktop that I had received and am trying to delete it. The PDF file used to open in the Microsoft Edge web browser Edge is my default browser but now it does not open at all. Even, if I try to open it with another browser, it still does not open at...
  4. Cannot delete file on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted: Hello,In my wife's laptop's desktop it just appeared a random PDF file with a really long and random name full of gibberish. It looks like the file has appeared from thin air and cannot be moved or deleted.I've been searching about this but none of the issues I've found are...
  6. PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted

PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted: Hello,In my wife's laptop's desktop it just appeared a random PDF file with a really long and random name full of gibberish. It looks like the file has appeared from thin air and cannot be moved or deleted.I've been searching about this but none of the issues I've found are...
  7. Cannot Delete Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Delete Files on Desktop: My mom attempted to download 2 pdf files on to her desktop. It appears that they did not fully download and during download she deleted the email containing the files. The files are showing as being in use by the system process in windows. I verified that file explorer does...
  8. Cannot Delete Files on Desktop

Cannot Delete Files on Desktop: My mom attempted to download 2 pdf files on to her desktop. It appears that they did not fully download and during download she deleted the email containing the files. The files are showing as being in use by the system process in windows. I verified that file explorer does...
  9. Unable to delete file on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete file on desktop: I have a mpg file on my desktop.I am unable to delete it via file explorer, third party file management apps including in administrator mode, or via cmd .Often times, attempts to delete, rename or move the file cause the file management program to stall.Any ideas what might...
  10. Does PC Reset Delete Desktop Files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does PC Reset Delete Desktop Files?: I am looking to reset my laptop to help performance before school starts and choose keep my data. My main concern is all my files I keep on the desktop. I keep most of my documents in folders there, and I want to know if I have to change where they're saved if I want them to...