Windows 10: Files are all located in the D:// folder and I can't move them! Help!

Discus and support Files are all located in the D:// folder and I can't move them! Help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my files are just located in the D:/ directory, and when I move a file, all also are moved. How can I fix this? All my folders were messed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dvnorav, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Dvnorav Win User

Files are all located in the D:// folder and I can't move them! Help!

All my files are just located in the D:/ directory, and when I move a file, all also are moved. How can I fix this? All my folders were messed up 'cause I deleted my OneDrive and everything followed suit. What should I do?

:)

Dvnorav, Oct 16, 2021
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 16, 2021
  3. help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

im trying to save a file to a folder located in program folder. but it says i do not have permision..... contact admin...... but i am the amdin of this computer! and it is the only account in this comp!

plzz help quick!!!!

nevermind.... got it.

HiddenStupid, Oct 16, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Accidentally saved my documents folder to the Hard drive (DFiles are all located in the D:// folder and I can't move them! Help! :) without a location

This is a common enough occurrence, here is how to put your My Documents back into a folder:

• Open Windows File Explorer, create a folder called My Documents on your D Drive
    • Put whatever files and folder should be in your My Documents folder into that folder
    • Click on Quick Access on the left hand side of File Explorer
    • On the right hand side right click the My Documents Library Folder and select Properties
    • Select the Location Tab and Type D:\My Documents as the location
    • When asked if you want to Merge Contents - select No

I hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Files are all located in the D:// folder and I can't move them! Help! - Similar Threads - Files are located

2. Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\: I moved what drive my desktop was set to from my C:\ drive to my D:\ drive. This made me unable to access files so I tried to "restore to default" and that didn't seem to work. When I restarted my PC all of my files that was stored in the D:\ drive were gone and the drive is...
  3. Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\: I moved what drive my desktop was set to from my C:\ drive to my D:\ drive. This made me unable to access files so I tried to "restore to default" and that didn't seem to work. When I restarted my PC all of my files that was stored in the D:\ drive were gone and the drive is...
  4. Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  6. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  7. Files are all located in the D:// folder and I can't move them! Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files are all located in the D:// folder and I can't move them! Help!: All my files are just located in the D:/ directory, and when I move a file, all also are moved. How can I fix this? All my folders were messed up 'cause I deleted my OneDrive and everything followed suit. What should I do?...
  8. Files are all located in the D:// folder and I can't move them! Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are all located in the D:// folder and I can't move them! Help!: All my files are just located in the D:/ directory, and when I move a file, all also are moved. How can I fix this? All my folders were messed up 'cause I deleted my OneDrive and everything followed suit. What should I do?...
  9. Can't move folder location

Can't move folder location: Hi, I recently sync with Onedrive. When I noticed that all my onedrive folders mixed with my local documents on my PC, I unlinked it and uninstalled it. >However, my documents folder is now C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents. >I clicked on restore default button which is the...
  10. I messed up moving Documents folder location to D:\

in Windows 10 Support
    I messed up moving Documents folder location to D:\: I messed up trying to move my Documents folder location to my D:\ data partition. I was following this tutorial, but not carefully enough: Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 I didn't create a new Documents folder on the D:\ partition first, as the tutorial says...