Windows 10: Files are being lost after copying them directly into my onedrive folder and even after...

Discus and support Files are being lost after copying them directly into my onedrive folder and even after... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two laptops that are very similar and between which I share certain groupings of files. This has worked successfully for me for at least 5 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David_Mapes, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Files are being lost after copying them directly into my onedrive folder and even after...

I have two laptops that are very similar and between which I share certain groupings of files. This has worked successfully for me for at least 5 or more years. In the past 2 or so weeks I have been losing files from my onedrive folders both on the laptops themselves and the online onedrive folders into which I save, copy or insert these files. How can this happen and how can I fix this very irritating situation from continuing.

I have been shadowing my onedrive copies with another cloud type storage that has been working fine and has been the saving component of my newly 'missing' files due to this new onedrive issue.

Has anyone any experience with something like this? I have virtually NO bells or whistles of added software or anything fancy or oddly unique...other than this problem.

Please help.

:)

David_Mapes, Feb 10, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Paul_VC Win User

Files are being lost after copying them directly into my onedrive folder and even after...

How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?

How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?

I want to open folders which are on my OneDrive directly via the Quick Access list in Windows 10 File Explorer.

To do this I add folders to Quick Access via the "Pin current folder to Quick access".

However, when I do this, the Quick Access "shortcut" to the folder doesn't open the folder on the OneDrive.

Instead, it opens the locally-stored mirror of that folder. (This is the "on demand" cached copy created by OneDrive, I assume).

What must I do to achieve what I want, namely that the Quick Access link opens the folder on the OneDrive directly?

Paul_VC, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Files are being lost after copying them directly into my onedrive folder and even after...

1. Files are being lost after copying them directly into my onedrive folder and even after... - Similar Threads - Files are being

2. File missing after dragging them out of the onedrive file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File missing after dragging them out of the onedrive file: I recently turned off onedrive and kept all my files locally, I saw that all my desktop files where stored on my desktop and in a folder called desktop in folder called onedrive kept in my user directory same for the image folder. I thought those were old copy since onedrive...
  3. I copied spreadsheets to a shared folder. The file names are not long but after being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I copied spreadsheets to a shared folder. The file names are not long but after being...: It seems to be taking the entire path as the file name. This defeats the purpose of sharing the files if you cannot open the new files. How can I Correct this? And how do I prevent this in the future? Thank you in advance....
  4. I copied spreadsheets to a shared folder. The file names are not long but after being...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I copied spreadsheets to a shared folder. The file names are not long but after being...: It seems to be taking the entire path as the file name. This defeats the purpose of sharing the files if you cannot open the new files. How can I Correct this? And how do I prevent this in the future? Thank you in advance....
  5. I copied spreadsheets to a shared folder. The file names are not long but after being...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Onedrive folder keeps reappearing even after uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive folder keeps reappearing even after uninstall: Hi,As I installed OneDrvie on my PC, it integrated my system folders Pictures, Documents, ... with OneDrive, i.e. put these folder on the OneDrive and synch them with cloud, which I absolutely would have not allowed knowingly.It really really bothered me, I tried to fix it...
  7. Cannot copy files to WindowsApps folder even after taking Ownership of the folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot copy files to WindowsApps folder even after taking Ownership of the folder: I have been trying to copy gamepad emulator files to Forza Horizon 4 folder in windowsapps folder. I took ownership of the folder and giver full control. Even then It shows the error shown in the screenshot below. [ATTACH]...
  8. OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade

OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade: I never had a problem with win10 upgrade but this time my onedrive folder is not working. Is there a way to tell onedrive to reuse the folder I already have? Or should I cut and paste all files from the older to new folder. What is safer and supported?...
  9. OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade

OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade: I never had a problem with win10 upgrade but this time my onedrive folder is not working. Here is what happened 1. Upgraded to win10 1903 build 2. On logging in, I got a message that my onedrive folder cannot be found I looked and my OneDrive folder and all the files...
  10. File icon exisits even after deletion and file copied on to folder but it wont visible...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File icon exisits even after deletion and file copied on to folder but it wont visible...: Hi, Its been long time this problem persists, I am using Win 10 - 1803 - 17134-590 Problem 1: When I am deleting some file or folder any where in "This PC" the file/folder's icon still exists (looks like file not deleted at all) but when I try to double click it,...