Windows 10: Files are damaged

Discus and support Files are damaged in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have some very important files for my work in my USB but when I open them it says that the files are damaged. Please, I need these files urgently as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KimberlyPeacock1, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Files are damaged

I have some very important files for my work in my USB but when I open them it says that the files are damaged. Please, I need these files urgently as I can do to have them back. Please help me

:)

KimberlyPeacock1, Apr 13, 2019

2. Windows10 update damaged something, attempting repair, some advise adv

They are Operating Systems that aren't based on MS/Windows code.
    Ubuntu is a Linux Distro (there a lots of them).

You can run them from a CD/DVD/USB without installing them on your PC.
    You can choose to install them if you want (for purposes of recovering your files you won't need to).

It will take a few minutes to boot a Linux Distro from an optical disc (installed versions are at least as fast as Windows though).
    Note:
    You may need to adjust the boot order in your BIOS/UEFI, if your PC won't boot from an optical disc (or USB) by default.

Once it has booted you should see a desktop similar to Windows (or Mac) depending on the Linux Distro you've used.

I have made some screenshots of my Linux Mint 18.3 (installed & customised) setup as a guide.
    Running LM18.3 from a Live CD/DVD/USB will look different.

Step 1
    Once the Desktop appears do one of these:
    1. Double click on the Computer icon
    2. Click the File Manager icon

Files are damaged [​IMG]

Step 2
    Browse to the folder that has your files
    Even though it looks different to Windows it works basically the same
    The left pane lists the drives/partitions on your machine
    The right pane shows a directory/folder tree
    You can double click on a folder to view its contents (the tree structure will start at the folder you clicked)
    Files are damaged [​IMG]

Step 3
    Insert a USB HDD/Stick to save your files to.
    The File Manager may open a new window showing the contents of your USB drive.
    You may prefer to copy between windows in which case you can ignore Step 4 below.

Step 4
    You can open a twin pane view to make transferring the files easier.
    1. Go to the View menu and choose "Extra Pane"
    2. Click in the new pane (right pane) and then click on your USB drive (in the left pane which is showing the drives/partitions on your machine)
    3. Click in the pane (middle) that is showing the files/folders you want to save and select them

Files are damaged [​IMG]

Step 5
    The selection process is the same as Windows (i.e. you can use the Ctrl and Shift buttons to select multiple files).
    Once you have selected the files/folders you want to save, simply drag them, or "Copy& Paste" them, into the USB drive pane/window.

lehnerus2000, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Files are damaged

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Files are damaged

1. Files are damaged - Similar Threads - Files are damaged

2. Damaged Microsoft Edge file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Damaged Microsoft Edge file: Hello, I just bought a new computer second hand and it came with what appears to be a damaged Microsoft Egde file. It’s not showing the Microsoft edge icon, instead it has a blank page icon. Also, it closes itself after a few seconds of being open. I tried repairing the file...
  3. Windows 7 File Damage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 File Damage: Lately I experienced about three BSOD and believe it may be due to my using one program in particular. After the last one I ran security programs I usually run: McAfee Stinger, Emisoft Emergency Kit Scanner and Spybot Search And Destroy. MSE is on this computer and it...
  4. Corrupt or Damaged System File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt or Damaged System File?: My Thinkpad laptop crashed, I got the BSOD. Restarting took much longer than usual, and the start button and taskbar icons are missing. What's left is very slow, and is mostly unresponsive. I can get into most files and programs through desktop shortcuts and a file manager....
  5. Corrupt or Damaged System File?

Corrupt or Damaged System File?: My Thinkpad laptop crashed, I got the BSOD. Restarting took much longer than usual, and the start button and taskbar icons are missing. What's left is very slow, and is mostly unresponsive. I can get into most files and programs through desktop shortcuts and a file manager....
  6. Photo file damaged?

Photo file damaged?: Good morning I took a look at my gallery (Huwai Y6 2019 OS: Android 9.1) and found the one in the pictures. I also used an SD card and I think the data was on it. The card was apparently not the best quality. [ATTACH] Anybody got any ideas how I can fix this...
  7. Corrupt or Damaged File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt or Damaged File: I was working on a Word Document when I got the blue screen (stopcode) that indicates that there was an issue with my computer and it shuts down. After getting logged back in, I tried to open my Word document again, but suddenly I am getting this error: [ATTACH] I tried...
  8. Damaged file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Damaged file: How do I repair a damaged Adobe PDF file? MB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/damaged-file/a3799082-2d08-4d96-81dd-0238b6868fcf
  9. FILES DAMAGED BY VIRUSES.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FILES DAMAGED BY VIRUSES.: Hello, I need help, my files were damaged by a virus and all my documents are already three antiviruses and nothing. There is some way to recover my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-damaged-by-viruses/b59ddbc8-a023-4159-9970-f5080d234e67"
  10. FILES DAMAGED BY VIRUSES…

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FILES DAMAGED BY VIRUSES…: Hi. I need help to solve this problem, my files were damaged by a virus and all my documents were left with the extension uudjvu. Already pass three antivirus and other malware and the notebook is clean. There is some way to recover my files....