Windows 10: Files are getting removed completely from PC without any permission

Discus and support Files are getting removed completely from PC without any permission in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I save videos from a game I play with a lot of friends and I've had some really funny and awesome videos on the folder. Just recently for some reason,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatthewLayne1, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Files are getting removed completely from PC without any permission

I save videos from a game I play with a lot of friends and I've had some really funny and awesome videos on the folder. Just recently for some reason, some of the videos are getting COMPLETELY removed and there's no way to recover them. I have a bought, signed in version of windows and I have already looked on one drive. It's getting really frustrated because there were some pretty good memories on a lot of these videos that I will just never get back.

:)

MatthewLayne1, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Dec 28, 2018
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Files are getting removed completely from PC without any permission

Reset Windows 10 file permissions to default

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you receiving any error message while accessing any files?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Startup troubleshooter.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

6. Close the Powershell window

7. Reboot

Method 2: If you are facing issues accessing files, then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This may be caused by incorrect permissions on the files.

You can fix this using these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Files are getting removed completely from PC without any permission

1. Files are getting removed completely from PC without any permission - Similar Threads - Files are getting

2. Completely Remove Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely Remove Administrator Permissions: Hello all. I recently encountered a frustrating problem when trying to save a Word document to a folder.When I was told that I needed administrator permissions, I went down the online rabbit hole trying to find a way to get rid of them altogether but got nowhere. There were a...
  3. Completely Remove Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely Remove Administrator Permissions: Hello all. I recently encountered a frustrating problem when trying to save a Word document to a folder.When I was told that I needed administrator permissions, I went down the online rabbit hole trying to find a way to get rid of them altogether but got nowhere. There were a...
  4. Completely Remove Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. remove admin without permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove admin without permissions: I have recently graduated from high school and i was given my school laptop and now i cant do nothing because every time I download something it asks for the admins username and password but I don't know that because the school had access to the admin stuff pls help how do i...
  6. remove admin without permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove admin without permissions: I have recently graduated from high school and i was given my school laptop and now i cant do nothing because every time I download something it asks for the admins username and password but I don't know that because the school had access to the admin stuff pls help how do i...
  7. One-drive moving files without permission removing from local storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One-drive moving files without permission removing from local storage: I recently had to have my laptop reset including reinstalling windows after some hardware fixes. I had a backup of all my files so, naturally, I let my backup drive reupload everything, then moved them to the relevant document spaces. I didn't realise at the time the...
  8. ADMINSTRATOR PERMISSIONS>>>>> cannot complete installation without admin permissions. ANY...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ADMINSTRATOR PERMISSIONS>>>>> cannot complete installation without admin permissions. ANY...: i am already the system Admin and cannot install games direct from the game pass without it stopping at 90% complete. i have attempted several differntant games and yet the problem still keeps occuring. [IMG]...
  9. RESET PC WITHOUT REMOVING FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RESET PC WITHOUT REMOVING FILES: I need to reset my pc but there are a lot of files in my Downloads folder in C drive. If I reset my windows 10 and choose not to delete any files, will it delete my files in Downloads or not?...
  10. Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any secret way to change/remove the permission from any file?: Hello Everyone, I was using windows 7 and then for some reason, I had to Install Windows 10! From there the problem beginning to occur! I did everything right, I used windows 10 before and I am installing windows since 2009. so there is no problem in my windows installing!...