Windows 10: Files are gone after restart for updating to Windows 10

Discus and support Files are gone after restart for updating to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I restart my laptop and all of my files are gone. I even did the system restore thingy but it doesn't work. Can someone help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NurulNatasha2, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Files are gone after restart for updating to Windows 10

I restart my laptop and all of my files are gone. I even did the system restore thingy but it doesn't work. Can someone help me?

:)

NurulNatasha2, Jun 12, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 12, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Files are gone after restart for updating to Windows 10

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Files are gone after restart for updating to Windows 10 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Files are gone after restart for updating to Windows 10

1. Files are gone after restart for updating to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Files are gone

2. Files gone after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files gone after update: Windows performed an automatic update last night. Now all my files -- everything on my desktop -- are gone. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-gone-after-update/96b89c54-67d1-4977-853e-877c129d98fb
  3. Files gone after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files gone after update: Windows performed an automatic update last night. Now all my files -- everything on my desktop -- are gone. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-gone-after-update/96b89c54-67d1-4977-853e-877c129d98fb
  4. Files gone after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Everything is gone after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything is gone after restart: Last night, I opened my computer to see the blue screen saying that my computer had encountered a problem and needed to restart and said it will collect the info and would restart it for me. Once it reached 100%, it stayed like that for a very long time. Now I usually...
  6. Everything is gone after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything is gone after restart: Last night, I opened my computer to see the blue screen saying that my computer had encountered a problem and needed to restart and said it will collect the info and would restart it for me. Once it reached 100%, it stayed like that for a very long time. Now I usually...
  7. Everything is gone after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Restarted computer and files are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restarted computer and files are gone: I recently restarted my computer normally and I when it was done my wallpaper got reset to a default windows background and most of the apps I downloaded were gone. Please help....
  9. Windows 10 Update Files Gone!

Windows 10 Update Files Gone!: My Windows 10 HP undated a few days ago and it appeared I lost everything, not even my background was the same. I luckily did find all of my old files under "Windows C:" and I think some were in "One Drive" I copied them to my current documents because I read they would be...
  10. Files gone after 1809 Update

Files gone after 1809 Update: Yeah so I got prompted to do the October Update, and I did it thinking Microsoft fixed the bug where it would delete some files, so it did it and the update went smoothly. Once my desktop loaded, I noticed three gaps that weren't there before I did the update. I know these...