Windows 10: files are gone

Discus and support files are gone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I play sims 4 on my laptop and every time I go to play it, all my files and saves are deleted from my laptop. all my programs are still there but none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NevaehOwens, Jun 10, 2020.

1. files are gone

I play sims 4 on my laptop and every time I go to play it, all my files and saves are deleted from my laptop. all my programs are still there but none of my files are. does anyone know how to fix this or why its happening?

:)

NevaehOwens, Jun 10, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 10, 2020
  3. hdjx Win User
    files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

4. files are gone

Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

files are gone

1. files are gone - Similar Threads - files are gone

2. Files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are gone: My problem is that I installed Turbo Tax 2022, I opened and transferred last years return to the program. I had to choose which to transfer from list that was saved in the tax program as well as PDF. I went back into this years tax program and was starting a new return and...
  3. Files are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files are gone: My problem is that I installed Turbo Tax 2022, I opened and transferred last years return to the program. I had to choose which to transfer from list that was saved in the tax program as well as PDF. I went back into this years tax program and was starting a new return and...
  4. Files, gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files, gone?: One of my desktop files contains literally deleted. There was a word doc open, itself and road from desktop to that word doc is OK. But everything else is gone, I did system recovery to 7 hours earlier, few docs come back and their contents are still empty. I am pretty sure I...
  5. Files gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files gone: My C: drive is filling up and I was trying to transfer all my files from C to D drive, I also deleted , tried to delete everything in my C drive after the transfer. My recycle bin is empty and my file explorer, along other files are gone. I have already initiated a system...
  6. Files gone??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files gone??: Hi! I’ve logged out of my computer around an hour ago, everything normal, no viruses, all good! But then, when I am trying to log in now, while my account name is still there and it accepts my password, it goes from saying welcome to preparing windows. After it finishes such,...
  7. Files Gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files Gone: I turned on my laptop and everything was reset, my background is now set to the default, all of my files and data are gone, does anybody know how to fix this or has had this issue before? submitted by /u/Please-Fuq-Me [link] [comments]...
  8. Files are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are gone: I backed up files from a computer that I was installing Windows 10 on. When I reinstalled OneDrive after updating and opened it, the files I spent all day uploading were gone. It synched my new install and seemingly overwrote the old files. Any way to find them, or are...
  9. File Explorer GONE

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer GONE: So I was just trying to delete some stuff, then suddenly my computer crashed. When I reopened it, and logged in, there was just a blank screen. I opened Task Manager, then found out File Explorer was not there. I tried running it from Task Manager, but it says the file can't...
  10. Files Gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files Gone: My desktop updated last week 2/8/2019 and now all my files are gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-gone/f70455e6-67e7-45f1-9de4-16d0dbb73f52