Windows 10: Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(

Discus and support Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :( in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello A couple of days ago I upgraded to the latest version of Win10 (Ver 1903 OS Build 18362.295) I tell you I was not happy when I first noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tom_Frazier, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(

Hello

A couple of days ago I upgraded to the latest version of Win10 (Ver 1903 OS Build 18362.295)

I tell you I was not happy when I first noticed that my desktop pic had changed to a generic windows pic and Google chrome had reset as well and I had to log into chrome and get all my bookmarks. Furthermore previously saved passwords in chrome where also not

HOWEVER, this was NOT the worst part!!!

It wasn't until a couple days later that I noticed that all my Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos and Downloads had also disappeared not only in my "Quick Access" but also under "My PC" in file explorer.

Fortunately I was able to find them under C: Users, Name BUT how do I delete the empty folders under "My PC" and and or get my Documents, Pictures, Video, Music and Downloads to be back under My PC like previously?

I tell you, there are a lot of people even less computer savvy than I am and it's this kind of stuff that can really be irritating to someone like that.

Thanks you and kind regards...

:)

Tom_Frazier, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Missing Recovery Drive Leading to the Problem Cannot Update to the Latest Version of Win10

Hi Angela,

When a computer upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, it will create a partition that is a recovery drive. If the recovery drive disappeared, you can create one, all you need is a USB drive. You can follow the steps below to create a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you want to update your Windows 10 to its latest version, I would suggest that you perform a repair upgrade using the latest Windows 10 ISO file . Performing a repair upgrade can upgrade your Windows 10 to its latest version while preserving your personal
    files, settings and installed applications. You can follow the steps in this
    Forum Article
    that was provided by Andre Da Costa to perform a repair upgrade.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Eric Ber, Sep 1, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(

Win10 Upgrade Email Files Missing

After upgrading to Win10, all my sent email files are missing in Yahoo Mail. Help, I need them badly for work!

VickiShidell, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(

1. Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :( - Similar Threads - Files are missing

2. Everything missing after Version 1903 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything missing after Version 1903 Upgrade: Split from this thread. I have an hp all-in-one. After the 1903 update, everything is gone. Computer back to original! No QB's, documents, photos, nothing! I read through all of this...but don't understand it. Do you have a simpler version, or less techy. Boot...
  3. LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903: I have 3 computers in my LAN. Since the last upgrade a month ago, My laptop cannot see or find the desktop PC on the network. I have tried disabling firewalls and manually entering the TCP/IP network addresses on the desktop PC but nothing has worked. Has anyone else...
  4. Not getting latest Win10 version

Not getting latest Win10 version: I currently have Version 1709 and have been using that, and now have been reading that Version 1809 is working well and decided to upgrade. However, I'm doing Windows Update right now and it's showing that Version 1803 is downloading instead of 1809. Is there a way to just...
  5. Not getting latest Win10 version

in Windows 10 Support
    Not getting latest Win10 version: I currently have Version 1709 and have been using that, and now have been reading that Version 1809 is working well and decided to upgrade. However, I'm doing Windows Update right now and it's showing that Version 1803 is downloading instead of 1809. Is there a way to just...
  6. Windows upgrade latest version

Windows upgrade latest version: Windows upgrade will not install. The error messages ask me to remove Avira antivirus. I do not have Avira installed and registry clear shows nothing...
  7. How to update to latest win10 version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to update to latest win10 version: When I try to update it gets just so far and then a message pops up telling me that Avira AntiVir has to be uninstalled because it is not compatible with Win10. When I attempt to uninstall the Avira it gets very, very close to doing so, but then freezes and will never...
  8. Trying to update to latest win10 version

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to update to latest win10 version: When I try to update it gets just so far and then a message pops up telling me that Avira AntiVir has to be uninstalled because it is not compatible with Win10. When I attempt to uninstall the Avira it gets very, very close to doing so, but then freezes and will never...
  9. Latest Win10 upgrades - broken the graphics?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Latest Win10 upgrades - broken the graphics?: Hi, Has anyone else noticed that since the last upgrades, the graphics have gone haywire: [img] Firefox does something weird too. The top bar goes all blue, and you can only make out the open tabs by hovering over them (and then they go back to normal). Come off...
  10. Upgrade win10 64 pro Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586 to latest version

Upgrade win10 64 pro Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586 to latest version: Because my main Laptop is having a new SSD installed, I am using my spare laptop which was upgraded to win 10 Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586 but has not been used for almost a year. Windows updates keep failing and I am using up lots of data download as it seems to fail and...