Windows 10: Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(

Discus and support Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :( in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello A couple of days ago I upgraded to the latest version of Win10 (Ver 1903 OS Build 18362.295) I tell you I was not happy when I first noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tom_Frazier, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(

Hello

A couple of days ago I upgraded to the latest version of Win10 (Ver 1903 OS Build 18362.295)

I tell you I was not happy when I first noticed that my desktop pic had changed to a generic windows pic and Google chrome had reset as well and I had to log into chrome and get all my bookmarks. Furthermore previously saved passwords in chrome where also not

HOWEVER, this was NOT the worst part!!!

It wasn't until a couple days later that I noticed that all my Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos and Downloads had also disappeared not only in my "Quick Access" but also under "My PC" in file explorer.

Fortunately I was able to find them under C: Users, Name BUT how do I delete the empty folders under "My PC" and and or get my Documents, Pictures, Video, Music and Downloads to be back under My PC like previously?

I tell you, there are a lot of people even less computer savvy than I am and it's this kind of stuff that can really be irritating to someone like that.

Thanks you and kind regards...

:)

Tom_Frazier, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Missing Recovery Drive Leading to the Problem Cannot Update to the Latest Version of Win10

Hi Angela,

When a computer upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, it will create a partition that is a recovery drive. If the recovery drive disappeared, you can create one, all you need is a USB drive. You can follow the steps below to create a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you want to update your Windows 10 to its latest version, I would suggest that you perform a repair upgrade using the latest Windows 10 ISO file . Performing a repair upgrade can upgrade your Windows 10 to its latest version while preserving your personal
    files, settings and installed applications. You can follow the steps in this
    Forum Article
    that was provided by Andre Da Costa to perform a repair upgrade.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Eric Ber, Sep 1, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(

Win10 Upgrade Email Files Missing

After upgrading to Win10, all my sent email files are missing in Yahoo Mail. Help, I need them badly for work!

VickiShidell, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(

1. Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :( - Similar Threads - Files are missing

2. Will not upgrade to the latest version of Win10 update of 21h1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will not upgrade to the latest version of Win10 update of 21h1: I was able to reimage my pc, but after I ran the updates it would continue to fail. I have started and stop the windows update, deleted the windows/software distribution folder then rebooted without any luck. I tried to update using this tool from Microsoft but will reboot...
  3. Latest WIN10 version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest WIN10 version: Good afternoon, Had to update my WIN10 version which I did successfully about seven days ago, or so I thought. Before updating I ran everything to clean up, tidy, and security check everything, as you do. After the update I did everything again just be ... er ... sensible?...
  4. OneDrive missing after Win10 v2004 Upgrade

OneDrive missing after Win10 v2004 Upgrade: OneDrive does not appear in File Explorer pages after I upgraded to Win10 2004. I did download the OneDrive app from the Microsoft Store, up it still does not appear in File Explorer as a drive/folder. How do I fix this?...
  5. Missing Drives After Win10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Drives After Win10 Upgrade: I finally upgraded to Win10 Home 64bit (1904) from Win7 Home 64bit due to lack of Win7 support in new games. At the same time I upgraded from Intel 3930K/X79 to 10700K/Z450. I put off upgrading for a long time, but the X79 was getting long in the tooth and I wanted access to...
  6. Latest Version Win10 Update

Latest Version Win10 Update: This a.m. I was asked to begin loading the latest update on Win10. I clicked to begin the up date. That was just about 8 hours ago. It's still just little wheel spinning merrily on my screen. Can I interrupt the process and start again? Must I wait as long as it takes?...
  7. Missing files after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing files after latest update: I'm missing a folder which contained after effects files. It's just gone since I updated two days ago. I think this is update kb4551762 Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips on what to do? (If anything) I'm pretty worried other stuff is gone too, I have my important...
  8. Not getting latest Win10 version

Not getting latest Win10 version: I currently have Version 1709 and have been using that, and now have been reading that Version 1809 is working well and decided to upgrade. However, I'm doing Windows Update right now and it's showing that Version 1803 is downloading instead of 1809. Is there a way to just...
  9. Not getting latest Win10 version

in Windows 10 Support
    Not getting latest Win10 version: I currently have Version 1709 and have been using that, and now have been reading that Version 1809 is working well and decided to upgrade. However, I'm doing Windows Update right now and it's showing that Version 1803 is downloading instead of 1809. Is there a way to just...
  10. Upgrade win10 64 pro Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586 to latest version

Upgrade win10 64 pro Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586 to latest version: Because my main Laptop is having a new SSD installed, I am using my spare laptop which was upgraded to win 10 Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586 but has not been used for almost a year. Windows updates keep failing and I am using up lots of data download as it seems to fail and...