Windows 10: Files are not showing in DVD disc

Discus and support Files are not showing in DVD disc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Files are not showing in DVD disc when I access in dvd writer, but while I try to play in dvd player, files are showing. I don't know why, plz can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DhanarajP, Sep 6, 2018.

1. DhanarajP Win User

Files are not showing in DVD disc

Files are not showing in DVD disc when I access in dvd writer, but while I try to play in dvd player, files are showing.

I don't know why, plz can anyone help?

:)

DhanarajP, Sep 6, 2018

2. The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Bree, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Bob Taves Win User

CD/DVD drive shows any disc as containing no files

So I'm installing Windows 10 on a brand new PC build for a friend of mine and ran into a very unusual problem. The CD/DVD drive will not read discs reliably. To clarify what I mean by "read a disc", I mean to say the drive will spin up and the icon in "This
    PC" will change slightly but accessing the drive will show it as empty (no errors, just empty drive) and there will not be a volume label. A few notes:

• This is brand new hardware (ASRock B85M-ITX, Intel i5-4670, SilverStone SST-SOD02 CD/DVD).
    • This is happening on a fresh (clean) install of Windows 10 Pro.
    • The CD/DVD drive works fine to install Windows.
    • The device appears in Device Manager without a problem as "Slimtype DVD A DL8A4SH"
    • If the system is booted without a disc in the drive it will NOT correctly read any disc.
    • If the system is booted with a disc in the drive it will read this disc correctly. If I eject this disc and insert a new disc there is a ~50% chance it will read the disc. As soon as there is a failure to read a disc correctly all future
      attempts will also fail.

Some things I have tried:

• Updating the (Intel) chipset drivers. No change.
    • Using the Windows 10 "Reset" feature. No change.
    • The first install was an upgrade from Windows 7 Pro so I did a wipe and re-install of only Windows 10. I did however allow it to do whatever updates it wanted after the install. No change.
    • Removing the device from Device Manager and re-scanning for hardware changes. This will actually make the device work as if I had booted the system with a disc inserted (See point #6 above).
    • Disabling the device from Device Manager and then re-enabling it. This will also make the device work as if I had booted the system with a disc (See point #6 above).
    The next thing I'm going to try is a complete wipe and re-install but this time I'm NOT going to let Windows do any updates of any kind (unplug ethernet). I'll report back my findings here. In the mean time, I was hoping someone might have some suggestions
    or even better, a solution to this aggravating problem.

Thanks for reading!

Bob Taves, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Files are not showing in DVD disc - Similar Threads - Files are showing

2. How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?: When I inserted a blank CD to my pc I was presented two options, using it as DVD or as USB device, I choosed USB wrongly as I intended to use it as DVD, is there a way to alternate between both options?...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  5. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. DVD RAM discs

DVD RAM discs: Hi, ;Does anyone know how to get windows to recognize DVD RAM discs. My dvd drive is HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM-GUE1,my computer ASUS A540L,with latest windows version. Windows shows invalid directory.; I know there is data on it but windows shows empty folder and will not play.; Any...
  7. Randomly my laptop show a Blank DVD disc !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Randomly my laptop show a Blank DVD disc !: When I Put a Burned DVD disc in there sometimes it show its content without any problem but sometimes it shows as a blank dvd disc. Help! Its Tsstcorp cddvdw sn-208ab I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them. submitted by /u/OreosJay [link] [comments]...
  8. My DVD Drive won't read DVD discs, but will read game discs, and CD's that contains files.

My DVD Drive won't read DVD discs, but will read game discs, and CD's that contains files.: I have been searching for the past couple of months now. Never had issues before and ever since the major 1803 windows 10 update, my driver is still not working properly. This is ridiculous. My driver will read certain cd's containing files. Game cd's work fine. Does not...
  9. Files scanned to 4.7GB DVD disappeared from disc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Files scanned to 4.7GB DVD disappeared from disc: Hi Guys I scanned documents directly on to a DVD. I viewed the files on the DVD to look at a file, everything was fine at that point. Then I viewed the files again a second time, they had gone. The 'files waiting to be burnt' or similar message came up, but ignored it;...
  10. Close / Finalize DVD Disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Close / Finalize DVD Disc: HI all Have recorded onto DVD-r disc but cannot find any means of closing / finalizing the disc which means we cannot play the disc on our DVD player. We have just installed the windows 10 update but cant find how to do it. Cheers 22195