Windows 10: Files being automatically created in my D: drive.

Discus and support Files being automatically created in my D: drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The files shown below are being automatically created whenever i delete them. Some contain a "FILE File" which ranges between 0-400... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by V8_U, Oct 3, 2020.

1. V8_U Win User

Files being automatically created in my D: drive.

The files shown below are being automatically created whenever i delete them. Some contain a "FILE File" which ranges between 0-400 bytes Files being automatically created in my D: drive. 68360948-1418-4971-bb29-10f953d7b01b?upload=true.png Files being automatically created in my D: drive. 5e86f1e5-1749-4c55-a590-ee6cdd9a1ae5?upload=true.png

:)

V8_U, Oct 3, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    D drive

Since the game is being downloaded to the temporary files of the drive C, it may create conflict when you install the downloaded game from temporary file C to drive D. We suggest to set-up your steam to download the game directly to drive D and check if
    you will get the same error message when you install it.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

Duplicate D:\ drive

I never had to deal with junctions so I haven't a clue what to suggest. I'm thinking that the problem is on the D: drive. If it is than I don't see why saving the files and formatting the D: drive wouldn't work. If It's something on the C: drive causing this than I have no Idea what to try.

Winuser, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Files being automatically created in my D: drive. - Similar Threads - Files being automatically

2. How to create d drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create d drive?: Hi!I have a laptop having C drive with a storage of 237GB out of which 87GB is used . I am expected to partition and store them at D drive . How can I create D drive and what are the files that I should send to D drive?...
  3. System Files being created on an alternate drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Files being created on an alternate drive?: Hello,Every time I try to format this hard drive, these files see picture keep reappearing no matter what I do.The Xbox Games folder can be deleted, but the Program Files and WindowsApps folder can NOT be deleted.I've tried formatting. Erasing the disk and making a new volume...
  4. System Files being created on an alternate drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Files being created on an alternate drive?: Hello,Every time I try to format this hard drive, these files see picture keep reappearing no matter what I do.The Xbox Games folder can be deleted, but the Program Files and WindowsApps folder can NOT be deleted.I've tried formatting. Erasing the disk and making a new volume...
  5. New folders are automatically getting created in my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New folders are automatically getting created in my D drive: These folders are increasing day by day , please i want someone to resolve this issue asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-folders-are-automatically-getting-created-in/6b0568d7-d1be-4d79-88ae-eb109704b0a4
  6. New folders are automatically getting created in my D drive

New folders are automatically getting created in my D drive: These folders are increasing day by day , please i want someone to resolve this issue asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-folders-are-automatically-getting-created-in/6b0568d7-d1be-4d79-88ae-eb109704b0a4
  7. Automatic creat folders in my pc.vloume d

Automatic creat folders in my pc.vloume d: I have upgraded my office laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I also do constantly keep running Windows update to ensure everything is latest.However from the time I have upgraded to Windows 11, there seem to be lot of system folders. being generated almost daily 3-4...
  8. D:\ drive not being recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D:\ drive not being recognized: Suddenly, when I insert a DV-R or a CD-RW in the D:\ drive of my desktop, I get a message... "Windows cannot read the disk in Drive D:\. Any solutions.I can see the Drive when I open device manager. Tried uninstall, and then reinstall, Also tried to update said...
  9. Unable to create files directly on D:/ drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to create files directly on D:/ drive: Hello,I'm running a custom built PC and my current D: drive used to have windows installed on it, but we moved the windows installation to my current C drive on a re-install. Because of the previous installation, I can create folders on my D drive but cannot create or place...
  10. DUMPb229.bcp file was created in my "D:" drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DUMPb229.bcp file was created in my "D:" drive.: Hi. A 857 MB File named "DUMPb229.bcp" was created in D: drive. I don't know about it. Is it OK to delete It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dumpb229bcp-file-was-created-in-my-d-drive/24d13c5a-a751-45ca-bd90-8329790e2abd