Windows 10: Files being deleted and idk what to do

Discus and support Files being deleted and idk what to do in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I keep installing this same file off of chrome and I've changed my settings like 5 times now. I think this is a windows issue and I cant figure it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TylerWinston, May 5, 2020.

1. Files being deleted and idk what to do

So I keep installing this same file off of chrome and I've changed my settings like 5 times now. I think this is a windows issue and I cant figure it out. With the new POS ui I cant figure out how to find my windows defender settings to stop it from doing this. Any and all help is appreciated!

:)

TylerWinston, May 5, 2020

2. Unable to open .IDK file format on Windows 10.

Hi Derek,

You may be facing the above issue due to the un-assigned program or application to open
    .IDK file format on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have an application or program installed to open .IDK file format on the computer?
    • Do you get any error message/error code when you try to open .IDK file format?

Interface Development Kit Archive (IDK) files are
    Uncommon Files primarily associated with OS/2 Saved SKF Format File (IBM). If an application or program associated to open a file format is installed and set as default, on clicking/opening the same will open the file in the
    program assigned in the settings on the computer.

Right click on the .IDK file and hover the mouse pointer over at
    Open with and select a program or application from the context menu and check if you are able to access the file type.

If you are not, assign a program/application to open .IDK file format by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Scroll down the page and click on Choose default apps by file type from the window.
    • Locate .IDK file format, click on the program and select the application you want to view the file type from
      Choose an App window.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to open .IDK file format on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 5, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 5, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Files being deleted and idk what to do

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Files being deleted and idk what to do

1. Files being deleted and idk what to do - Similar Threads - Files being deleted

2. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Idk what to do: Today I literally found a laptop in my house i don't remember whose was it so i just kept it and it has alot of files that i decided to do a factory reset but when it was 40% after a lil while for some reason idk why but it closed and because of that it got stuck in a startup...
  3. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idk what to do: Today I literally found a laptop in my house i don't remember whose was it so i just kept it and it has alot of files that i decided to do a factory reset but when it was 40% after a lil while for some reason idk why but it closed and because of that it got stuck in a startup...
  4. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. idk what is this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    idk what is this: does anyone know what is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/1e39f619-6ac2-4467-8121-42795a1e64ef
  6. idk what is this

idk what is this: does anyone know what is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/1e39f619-6ac2-4467-8121-42795a1e64ef
  7. idk what is this

idk what is this: These things keep showing on my screen and when I exit them,they keep showing.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/777ef548-3f7a-4ec5-a848-fc0ea718bbce
  8. idk what is this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    idk what is this: These things keep showing on my screen and when I exit them,they keep showing.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-is-this/777ef548-3f7a-4ec5-a848-fc0ea718bbce
  9. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Idk what to do: I bought Windows 10 Home yesterday and downloaded and installed it. I checked my activation settings and it says it hasn’t been activated. Is it because I have the Win 10 Pro Free Edition? submitted by /u/GamingByTheMinute [link] [comments]...
  10. Idk what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Idk what to do: [ATTACH] What is this and how can i stop it? submitted by /u/Row-Wise [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhh2z0/idk_what_to_do/