Windows 10: Files being deleted without warning and no backup anywhere.

Discus and support Files being deleted without warning and no backup anywhere. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently a family member was completing coursework for a given subject when the last time they logged on, after an update, their entire coursework... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joseph_441, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Files being deleted without warning and no backup anywhere.

Recently a family member was completing coursework for a given subject when the last time they logged on, after an update, their entire coursework folder was deleted from their documents, as well as the onedrive and all recycle bins. after spending a considerable amount of time trying to restore files there is no answer in sight. it appears they were deleted the day before the issue occurred, but the documents folder states that the last time anything was deleted was in July. If anyone has any solution to this issue i would be grateful as not even the onedrive vault now contains anything nor any of the bins.

:)

Joseph_441, Aug 23, 2020

2. How do I delete registry files?

type in regedit in the search box and press enter. Then from here on, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING UNLESS U KNOW WHAT UR DOING!! Go to Hkey_Local_Machine > Software > Then a list of program registry keys will pop up, delete anything that is uninstalled. Make sure u backup the keys unless something goes wrong. To backup, you do: Select a group of keys on the left pane > Right click > Export > name it "whatever.reg" > save it. To import the backup, click the reg file and click "merge"

spearman914, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Aug 23, 2020
  4. rengcc Win User

Files being deleted without warning and no backup anywhere.

[Problem] N95 cannot restore backup file : warn message [unknow file type]

I have a problem in restore backup file. It's not show backup file in restore selected list, so i double click .nbu file then there was a warn message that told

"Failed to open the backup file:

C:\....\backupnokia1-12-09.nbu

The file type is unknow. The data cannot be imported to the phone."

Please help me ;(

rengcc, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Files being deleted without warning and no backup anywhere.

1. Files being deleted without warning and no backup anywhere. - Similar Threads - Files being deleted

2. Its delete file backup no delete safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Its delete file backup no delete safe?: Hi. i was trying to clear trash thing in my laptop local disk C: and i found a gigantic file that up to 6 gb and it said "file backup no delete" so its safe to just delete it?...
  3. Its delete file backup no delete safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Its delete file backup no delete safe?: Hi. i was trying to clear trash thing in my laptop local disk C: and i found a gigantic file that up to 6 gb and it said "file backup no delete" so its safe to just delete it?...
  4. Deleting File History backups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting File History backups: I turned on file history for a moment and it started backing up my files, before I realized what it backed up, it took about 12GB of my storage leaving me with none on that drive without deleting other files, and I cannot figure out how to delete the backup that was created...
  5. Deleting File History backups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting File History backups: I turned on file history for a moment and it started backing up my files, before I realized what it backed up, it took about 12GB of my storage leaving me with none on that drive without deleting other files, and I cannot figure out how to delete the backup that was created...
  6. Deleting File History backups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting File History backups: I turned on file history for a moment and it started backing up my files, before I realized what it backed up, it took about 12GB of my storage and I cannot figure out how to delete the backup that was created so I can get my storage back...
  7. delete backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delete backup files: my windows backup files are taking storage in D drive , how to completey delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-backup-files/62c66206-8c6c-4ea1-8f75-fb4fa99d5661
  8. Files are being Deleted Automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are being Deleted Automatically: Help! My desktop files and any other file I create is being deleted automatically. My pc was working ok on 11/01. But by 11/05 I noticed I could not create a folder on my desktop or in my documents. If I try to open a file, it gets deleted automatically. It deletes the new...
  9. Restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting without warning: Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm pretty sure its not overheating because the temps average out at 40 celcius for gpu and cpu, well below their max. submitted...
  10. Backup files to OneDrive without syncing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files to OneDrive without syncing: Hello I want to back up my music collection from my D-drive. I have copied (drag & drop) my files from D: to OneD – that was easy, intuitive and straight forward. However OneDrive is now trying synchronise my newly copied files back with my PC. It is not syncing with the...