Windows 10: Files cached?

Discus and support Files cached? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have written a fair number of .BAT files to do things on my computer. The .BAT file may create a file by redirecting the output of one command (such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dixr_at_Hotmail, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Files cached?

I have written a fair number of .BAT files to do things on my computer. The .BAT file may create a file by redirecting the output of one command (such as DIR >>output.txt) and then tries to read that file, but the command to process the file gets an error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." When I look at the file, all looks good. I think that the error is caused because the first command either has not finished, or the system is caching the output, not immediately writing it out and closing it.

1) Is there something that I can look at and maybe a parameter change to prevent caching of the output

or

2) does anyone have a suggestion on how to force the file closed so that the next command can read it?

:)

dixr_at_Hotmail, Oct 6, 2019

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Files cached? [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Oct 6, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Cache Files

Hello,

To clean up cache or temporary files on your Windows system, we suggest checking out this
    article. This contains steps that you can perform to help you with your concern.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Files cached?

Damaged cache files in Windows Store

We appreciate your response Jay. We suggest that you try resetting the cache folder in App Directory. You may follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer; then, copy-paste the following path in the explorer address bar and hit
      Enter:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

Note: In case your Windows is installed on some other drive, replace
      C above with the system root drive, followed by the name of your own user account. Also, replace the text <username> with the username associated with your account.
    • In the LocalState folder, check whether the cache folder is present or not. If it is there, rename it
      cache.old.
    • Next, create a new folder and name it cache. In case the cache folder is not there by default, just create an empty new folder and name it
      cache.
    We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Files cached?

1. Files cached? - Similar Threads - Files cached

2. Remove Cache files from system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Cache files from system: Hi Team,I have uploaded a organisation files to github repository from windows machine.Due to security reasons i have removed the repository from github portal but need to delete the same repository from windows cache. Please guide what is the process for deleting files from...
  3. Remove Cache files from system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Cache files from system: Hi Team,I have uploaded a organisation files to github repository from windows machine.Due to security reasons i have removed the repository from github portal but need to delete the same repository from windows cache. Please guide what is the process for deleting files from...
  4. Prevent Caching of Specific Files in IIS 10--Help with Code in web.config

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Caching of Specific Files in IIS 10--Help with Code in web.config: I'm running a streaming server now, using nginx to ingest from OBS studio and write an .m3u8 and .ts files to IIS server directory. I've added MIME type .m3u8 to get it to work.Initially I found that browser caching was preventing the stream from playing anything but the same...
  5. Prevent Caching of Specific Files in IIS 10--Help with Code in web.config

Prevent Caching of Specific Files in IIS 10--Help with Code in web.config: I'm running a streaming server now, using nginx to ingest from OBS studio and write an .m3u8 and .ts files to IIS server directory. I've added MIME type .m3u8 to get it to work.Initially I found that browser caching was preventing the stream from playing anything but the same...
  6. Prevent Caching of Specific Files in IIS 10--Help with Code in web.config

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?: I've seen some articles saying thumbs.db file's limit is...
  8. Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?

Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?: I've seen some articles saying thumbs.db file's limit is...
  9. Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size, nor number of files being cached?: I've seen articles saying thumbs.db file's limit is 349MBI'm wondering is there no limit on generating thumbs.db file with size nor number of files being cached.And if it doesn't, I'm wondering how to make thumbs.db exceed the limitation....