Windows 10: Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation?

Discus and support Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have installed Windows on my SSD today I have 2 HDDs and one SSD in my PC but I can't access my apps stored on the HDDs I can see the files and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tenforo, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Tenforo Active Member

Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation?

I have installed Windows on my SSD today I have 2 HDDs and one SSD in my PC but I can't access my apps stored on the HDDs I can see the files and the drives are also displayed. How can I make the HDDs work as before?

:)

Tenforo, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  3. stevednmc Win User
    Files in mediaplayer on W7

I have some files listed on my windows media player library showing that are no longer on my hard drive. It will not let me delete them for some reason. Waht can I do to get rid of these? I right click, asksme if I want to delete when I click on delete, but nothing happens after that. Obviously the files cannot be accessed when the location no longer exists, any ideas?

stevednmc, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation?

1. Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation? - Similar Threads - Files longer accessed

2. Application can no longer access files in "C:\Program Files" after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application can no longer access files in "C:\Program Files" after Windows 10 Update: Hello All,I have a customer running Windows 10 Professional, build 19042, and since their PC recently lost power, it was restarted. After the restart, our software application cannot seem to open due to an exception from being unable to access dependent files in its install...
  3. Application can no longer access files in "C:\Program Files" after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application can no longer access files in "C:\Program Files" after Windows 10 Update: Hello All,I have a customer running Windows 10 Professional, build 19042, and since their PC recently lost power, it was restarted. After the restart, our software application cannot seem to open due to an exception from being unable to access dependent files in its install...
  4. Application can no longer access files in "C:\Program Files" after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. denied access to files after reinstalling windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    denied access to files after reinstalling windows.: Hello,I believe this to be a Security and Privacy issue but I could be wrong.I've searched for the following error: "you do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission" but none of the approaches I've read have...
  6. denied access to files after reinstalling windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    denied access to files after reinstalling windows.: Hello,I believe this to be a Security and Privacy issue but I could be wrong.I've searched for the following error: "you do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission" but none of the approaches I've read have...
  7. denied access to files after reinstalling windows.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Lack of access to encrypted files after reinstalling Windows

Lack of access to encrypted files after reinstalling Windows: Hello everyone, my previous Windows got into trouble and I had to change it! I had a series of important files and tried to encrypt them encrypt contents to secure data! But now that I try to open it, it can't and it says no access! Well, dear friends, I want to know what to...
  9. After Windows 10 update, can no longer access encrypted files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Windows 10 update, can no longer access encrypted files: My windows 10 PC was updated overnight. I can no longer access my encrypted files. I get "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privilieges ....". What happened? Tell me how to get my access privileges returned. Windows 10 Pro Version 2004...
  10. Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation?

Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation?: I have installed Windows on my SSD today I have 2 HDDs and one SSD in my PC but I can't access my apps stored on the HDDs I can see the files and the drives are also displayed. How can I make the HDDs work as before? Dateien nach Windows neu installation nicht mehr aufrufbar?