Windows 10: files changed size (from 4 MB to 30 GB) when transfering from phone

Discus and support files changed size (from 4 MB to 30 GB) when transfering from phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was transfering files from my phone's SD card to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when I checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by valentina mb, Feb 8, 2019.

1. files changed size (from 4 MB to 30 GB) when transfering from phone

I was transfering files from my phone's SD card to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when I checked the folders I realized all the files inside (photos and videos) had the same size depending on the folder they were on, and now a picture that originally had a size of 4 MB is 29,3 GB... The properties window also states that the size in disk is 4,00 KB, which i find odd.

It is as if each file (JPG or MP4) had taken the size of the whole folder they were originally contained on. I can copy files now without problem so it must have been a mistake when copying those folders specifically.

Here you can see what I mean:

files changed size (from 4 MB to 30 GB) when transfering from phone f75541c8-1f58-4d60-9a90-3450506ec775?upload=true.jpg

Also now all my files have this blue arrows (see picture) but i think it has to do with the disk being full, so files are being compressed.

So, what did I do wrong? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I cut the files instead of copying them so if i delete the files I'll lose everything... Is there anything I can do to recover the files?

If anyone can help me i would be so thankful,

regards,

Valentina

:)

valentina mb, Feb 8, 2019

2. How to display file sizes in MB/GB/TB etc instead of only KB in Windows Explorer?

In a file listing in Windows Explorer, I see the file sizes in KB.

How do I have those file sizes simplified and shown in more convenient units like MB, GB etc?

Or, KiB, MiB, GiB

AndersBillLindén, Feb 8, 2019
  3. max size of internal memory is too low 1.12 GB instead of 4 GB in Nokia XL?

hi, My smartphone model is Nokia XL Dual SIM, Software Version 1.2.3.2, Nokia X Software Platform 1.2. I am facing the issue that is maximum low internal memory is 1.12 gb only. But Before buying the product or before installing all android apps into my
    smartphone, I have 4 GB internal memory(maximum allowed size). But after installed apps, the size is 1.12 GB(maximum allowed size). I have cleared cache, junk files everything. All are fine. but it shows 1.12 GB (max allowed size). I am suffering to install
    new apps because minimum free space is 43 MB only. Where the remaining 2.7+ GB gone in the internal memory? Please help me to get back to previous allowed size 4 GB. What are the steps required to achieve it?

jmohan1984, Feb 8, 2019
  4. files changed size (from 4 MB to 30 GB) when transfering from phone

How To display Size in MB or GB instead of KB in the File Explorer?

Are there any plans to change this in future releases? It seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to write code that makes the file size display in the format that makes the most sense. E.g. Anything over 1023 KB shows as 1 MB, anything over 1023 MB shows
    as 1 GB, etc... Other operating systems already do this. My iphone does this. It's such a simple thing that makes a surprisingly significant difference in understandability.

JasonClarkTCR, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

files changed size (from 4 MB to 30 GB) when transfering from phone

1. files changed size (from 4 MB to 30 GB) when transfering from phone - Similar Threads - files changed size

2. When transferring files from PC Windows 11 to an android phone, the transfer automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When transferring files from PC Windows 11 to an android phone, the transfer automatically...: I am trying to copy some files and games which are about 60 GB in size to my phone from my pc, but when I try to do it the copying starts and ends automatically midway through the process and when I check the copied items are 4.44 gb in size, I have copied the same files...
  3. When transferring files from PC Windows 11 to an android phone, the transfer automatically...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When transferring files from PC Windows 11 to an android phone, the transfer automatically...: I am trying to copy some files and games which are about 60 GB in size to my phone from my pc, but when I try to do it the copying starts and ends automatically midway through the process and when I check the copied items are 4.44 gb in size, I have copied the same files...
  4. Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone: I was transfering photos from my Sangung S20 FE to a Windows 10 desktop floder when this happened:1. I created a new folder on my desktop to transfer the files into.2. I cut the photos fomr my phone's floder.3. I pasted the pictures int the folder on my desktop.4. I get a...
  5. File Transfer Issues - Increased file size when transferring from Android to PC Windows 10

File Transfer Issues - Increased file size when transferring from Android to PC Windows 10: Files transferred from phone to laptop have drastically increased in size and are now unable to open. File sizes for images have increased up to 7GB. I am unable to move from the C: Drive as it states there is over 4TB of data. However My C: Drive only holds 256GB. No special...
  6. OneDrive increases upload file size limit from 100 GB to 250 GB

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive increases upload file size limit from 100 GB to 250 GB: Happy new year and welcome to 2021. We are thrilled to begin this year with some exciting news. As remote work and learning increases so does the need to reliably and securely share large files-4K or 8K video files, 3D models, CAD files, or large scientific data sets-with...
  7. Transferring pictures from phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring pictures from phone: I have an early model Google Pixel that has photos on it yet when I plug the phone into the computer via USB cable and go to This PC and click on Pixel it says no data found on this device . Anyone know how one can transfer pictures from the phone to the desktop computer...
  8. Why are the pictures transferred from myGalaxy 10+ phone 11.8 GB each?

Why are the pictures transferred from myGalaxy 10+ phone 11.8 GB each?: About a month and a half ago, the glass over the back cameras on my S10+ shattered, so through the warranty I pay for I was able to send that phone back and be sent a new S10+. So I transferred the photos and videos from the phone I was to send back to my laptop. I don't...
  9. After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open

After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open: I was transfering files from my phone's SD card to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when I checked the folders I realized all the files inside (photos and videos) had the same size depending on the folder they were on, and now a...
  10. wanna transfer files from phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wanna transfer files from phone to laptop: HELLO I HAVE A SAMSUNG AMP3 SMARTPHONE MY HP LAPTOP CANT READ IT AGAIN WHEN USB CONNECTED ,I NEED AN EASY FIX https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanna-transfer-files-from-phone-to-laptop/76b6e767-5a0d-4d48-bace-1eaf46ad29e7