Windows 10: Files changed their icons

Discus and support Files changed their icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't really know how to ask this question but something changed and I am not sure how to get it back. I have a lot of svg files because I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EliFenton, Jun 23, 2020.

1. EliFenton Win User

Files changed their icons

I don't really know how to ask this question but something changed and I am not sure how to get it back. I have a lot of svg files because I have a Cricut and that uses that type of file. In my Cricut Design space folder in explorer I have them broken down into different categories. I used to be able to see the actual image of the svg file in each folder. I downloaded Inkscape the other day and now my files all have either the Inkscape logo as its picture or the google circle as the picture. I don't want either. Can someone tell me how to get my pictures of my files back?

:)

EliFenton, Jun 23, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 23, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. Files changed their icons

I Can't Change My File's Icons

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• The file’s icon which you are trying to change, is that file open? If yes, please close the file and check.

Please mention the steps you tried, to change the file’s icon.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Files changed their icons

1. Files changed their icons - Similar Threads - Files changed icons

2. How to change file icons? Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change file icons? Win10: [read the title]I've found how to change folder, shortcut, driver ... icons.Still nothing on changing file icons except of course changing the default app e.g.: Word for .docx.If I were to create a game onto an .exe file, how might I change its icon like on Steam games?Thanks...
  3. File explorer icon changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer icon changes: [IMG] Hi, whenever I open file explorer and go to something like desktop, it opens a new window and changes the icon to the desktop icon. This is true for thing like documents where it opens the window and changes the icon to the documents icon. Below is an example. Any...
  4. PDF File Icon- Change Icon and Pin to Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF File Icon- Change Icon and Pin to Start: I have a PDF file on my desktop of the manual/ user guide of my laptop. How can i change the icon from the pdf icon to the manufacturer's icon which I have already downloaded and then how to pin this to my start menu? Thanks....
  5. Changing icon of file

Changing icon of file: On windows 10. J an trying to changes the file folder icon to a different one. Ive went through properties, customize, but then there is no change icon button there. please help...
  6. jpg file icon changed

jpg file icon changed: My jpg file icons, and others, have all changed to have a double arrow fast forward in the lower left hand corner of the icon. This double arrow also appears on the "view extra large icons" setting. This double arrow also occurs on word and pdf files. Something that just...
  7. How to Change PDF file icon to another icon

How to Change PDF file icon to another icon: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop running Windows 10 and Microsoft programs. I downloaded the Lenovo User Guide for the S340. The icon for the user guide is PDF. I want to change this icon from PDF to Lenovo. I found the Lenovo icon in ico form and downloaded it to my...
  8. changing file icons

changing file icons: Hello, i was cleaning out a folder today sims 4 and i accidently opened the package file in notepad and it changed all my files and icons to a notepad please how do i fix this? ive tried restoring to previous window settings but it never worked, heres a photo for referance,...
  9. File Properties is missing "Icon change"

File Properties is missing "Icon change": I can not change file to icon as the option to do this is no longer there. The only options that are there is General and Previous Versions in the Header bar. Can you please give me a way so as to restore the properties folder so as to show normal page changing options. Such...
  10. How to change file icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change file icons on desktop: If a file is saved on the desktop it is often not possible to change the icon associated with it. For example a pdf file usually has an Adobe Acrobat Reader icon which cannot be changed. However it is possible to change the icon if the file is saved elsewhere, for example in...