Windows 10: Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window.

Discus and support Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I was ironically trying to make a back up of my android phone as it has a lot of important pictures. I made a new folder on desktop and went to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SallyandTheCat, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window.

So I was ironically trying to make a back up of my android phone as it has a lot of important pictures. I made a new folder on desktop and went to the folder on my android selected everything and then moved them to the new folder on my PC. I decided to undo the move, so I pressed ctrl + z to undo not realizing my desktop window was activated instead of the original folder, and the worst happened. Windows deleted the new folder I made I checked the original folder on my android device and everything is gone. Years' worth of memories gone from pressing two buttons. Because the files were stored on my android, Windows deleted them permanently and I tried so many recovery software on both devices but nothing worked. I'm incredibly devastated AND upset. I was shocked to find out I'm not the only victim of this critical design flaw. A lot of people online complained about this before. What should've happened was I either got a warning box or the files were moved to their original folder before undoing. I don't know what to do... There's probably nothing I can do. This flaw is the equivalent of getting electrocuted to death by your microwave because you pressed start when the door was not closed. Horrible design. This issue has been there for years.

:)

SallyandTheCat, Feb 19, 2021

2. ctrl + z = my folder got deleted

Unfortunately yes, you can try a paid program, but it's no guarantee or a data recovery company. Best practice is just to hit delete not ctrl z as that permanently deletes it. Pressing just the delete button will put it in the recycle bin, when you are
    sure you do not need the deleted files you can empty the bin.

tamara_sadel, Feb 19, 2021
  3. 2020 and ctrl-z problem deleting folders continues

Ctrl+Z will undo the previous action, e.g.

• When you insert a text into a Word document then Ctrl+Z will undo the insertion.
    • When you create a formula in a spreadsheet then Ctrl+Z will remove the formula.

It seems you expect Ctrl+Z to ask the user whether he really wants to undo the most recent action. This would constitute a major change of philosophy.

Frederik Long, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window.

Txt file Turned into 0kb after pressing ctrl + z

Hi william thank you for your kind response. i have already pressed ctrl + shift + z , also pressed ctrl + y many times but the notepad txt file is still 0 kb , there is not previous version to restore, i saved the file correctly before i pressed ctrl
    + z

LoneRanger4, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window.

1. Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window. - Similar Threads - Files deleted permanently

2. How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z: I copied files from my phone to the PC. I created a folder on the desktop and started copying them gradually. Each time I copied a certain portion, I immediately deleted it from the mobile. At one point, I wanted to restore some deleted files from the phone using the Ctrl+Z...
  3. How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z: I copied files from my phone to the PC. I created a folder on the desktop and started copying them gradually. Each time I copied a certain portion, I immediately deleted it from the mobile. At one point, I wanted to restore some deleted files from the phone using the Ctrl+Z...
  4. Ctrl z

Ctrl z: I was writing in the notepad and then I clicked ctrl z to undo what I did but instead of retrieving my notes while clicking ctrl z, my notes were all gone.. I need to know how and why it happened ??...
  5. Deleted Files with CTRL+z

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Files with CTRL+z: Hi Guys!Please help me, I lost ,y very very important files in my Desktop Pc with use CTRL+Z, I copied my files on Desktop then For another Reason I Pressed CTRL+Z Without Understanding that Action can deleted my files, then i did my work after 10 minutes i Understood that my...
  6. Deleted Files with CTRL+z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Files with CTRL+z: Hi Guys!Please help me, I lost ,y very very important files in my Desktop Pc with use CTRL+Z, I copied my files on Desktop then For another Reason I Pressed CTRL+Z Without Understanding that Action can deleted my files, then i did my work after 10 minutes i Understood that my...
  7. Deleted Files with CTRL+z

8. Ctrl+Z deleted many files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl+Z deleted many files: I had a folder full of files I was using for a video. Photoshop files, images, and audio that I was using and spent a lot of time on. I brought some of them over into Premiere from the explorer, and was going back and forth between the explorer and Premiere moving and...
  9. Ctrl +Z deleted files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl +Z deleted files?: I always used cut and paste files from one location to another. Yesterday when I right clicked randomly I see in the menu "undo" I was curious what it was, so I clicked on it. Then I realized that my files moved back to C partition from D. I did redo, undo a few times and...
  10. Txt file Turned into 0kb after pressing ctrl + z

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Txt file Turned into 0kb after pressing ctrl + z: i was working on 2 text file, i saved the data from my server and saved it on those 2 text files after that i accidently pressed ctrl+z or don't know which key that the both files i saved are still there but data is 0kb, i tried redo but no luck, files are not even in tmp...