Windows 10: Files Deleted when copied to Network Share

Discus and support Files Deleted when copied to Network Share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have two NAS drives A & B. When I copy a large file (+500MB ish) from my Windows 10 laptop to a share on NAS A everything is fine. When I copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CleverMilk4862, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Files Deleted when copied to Network Share

Hello

I have two NAS drives A & B. When I copy a large file (+500MB ish) from my Windows 10 laptop to a share on NAS A everything is fine. When I copy the same file from the same Laptop to a share on NAS B the files is deleted. Both NAS drives run the same OS (Linux) and are configured the same. When I look in the SAMBA logs on NAS B I can clearly see that the delete command came from my laptop. Laptop is on a Domain that I administer. I cant find anything in the GPOs that may be doing this. Does anyone have on any thoughts as to where the delete command is coming from?

I've tried this with a number of files of different types and I still get the same result.

Regards

SteveJ

:)

CleverMilk4862, Jun 13, 2019
  2. woodson2 Win User

Can't copy/move to network shares from VISTA

Can't copy/move to network shares
    Hello, I have a Vista laptop that can no longer copy or move files to any XP/VISTA or Samba network shares. This was working at one time, but has since stopped. I receive the following error when trying to copy a file from my local drive. There is a problem accessing (path to local file) Please check your network connection etc..etc.. I have turned off the firewall and windows defender, network discovery in on and file sharing enabled(with password auth disabled). the workgroup is set correctly. I tried moving the files I want to copy to the Vista "public" folder and this makes no difference.. the files are very small 20-30kb so size isn't the issue.I've tried disabling UAC to no avail..I also removed Norton Suite from the machine....Like I said this just stopped working...(maybe after a windows update)?? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

I'm running Vista home premium SP1 32-bit

What I can do.
    1.Create a new file/folder on the same network shares in question.
    2.Copy/move a file from the XP/Samba network share to my Vista machine.
    3. If I create a new text file on the desktop I'm able to copy as expected...strange but true..I looked at the permissions on the newly created file and they are the same as all the other files I'm trying to copy.

woodson2, Jun 13, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Wozzer Win User

Files Deleted when copied to Network Share

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Files Deleted when copied to Network Share

1. Files Deleted when copied to Network Share - Similar Threads - Files Deleted copied

2. can't delete network share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't delete network share: It seems that there is a zombie network share connected to my windows account. The share Q shows up in the explorer as "disconnected" but when I click on it, the share opens up. I tried to disconnect it with the right-click context menu but that did not work and the explorer...
  3. can't delete network share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't delete network share: It seems that there is a zombie network share connected to my windows account. The share Q shows up in the explorer as "disconnected" but when I click on it, the share opens up. I tried to disconnect it with the right-click context menu but that did not work and the explorer...
  4. Using Shadow copy on a network shared file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Shadow copy on a network shared file: If I revert a file back to the previous version using the shadow copy feature. will it change the access permissions of that folder back to what they were?Or will it keep the current permissions they are set to?It is a network-shared folder within a domain. I need to revert...
  5. Using Shadow copy on a network shared file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Shadow copy on a network shared file: If I revert a file back to the previous version using the shadow copy feature. will it change the access permissions of that folder back to what they were?Or will it keep the current permissions they are set to?It is a network-shared folder within a domain. I need to revert...
  6. Using Shadow copy on a network shared file

7. Can't copy to shared network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't copy to shared network drive: I have a NAS drive that two Win 10 computers can write to with no problem but a Win 11 computer gives me a 0x80070026 Reached the end of the file when I try to copy or save anything to it. Strange thing about it is some programs will save a file to this drive with no problem...
  8. Can't copy to shared network drive

Can't copy to shared network drive: I have a NAS drive that two Win 10 computers can write to with no problem but a Win 11 computer gives me a 0x80070026 Reached the end of the file when I try to copy or save anything to it. Strange thing about it is some programs will save a file to this drive with no problem...
  9. Unable to delete files on network share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete files on network share: Hi All, I've only recently migrated to Win10 and have found a bug that's really...bugging me! I can't seem to delete some files on network shares. This morning I created three files in the same folder. I can delete two of them, but the third one just won't go. It appears to...
  10. Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.: I recently bought two drives (a 1TB Seagate and a 2 TB WD) off Facebook Marketplace. I know it's a risk to buy used HDD, particularly on Facebook/Craiglist/etc..., but considering the cost I thought it was an acceptable risk. I am having some strange issues with these two...