Windows 10: Files deleting after restart the laptop

Discus and support Files deleting after restart the laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My system files and folders on desktop are getting deleted as and when I restart my laptop. how can I get rid of this , I followed all the steps given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeveshH, Jul 4, 2020.

1. DeveshH Win User

Files deleting after restart the laptop

My system files and folders on desktop are getting deleted as and when I restart my laptop. how can I get rid of this , I followed all the steps given online in support. but still I am getting same issue.

:)

DeveshH, Jul 4, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 4, 2020
  3. macbeth Win User
    Cannot delete files in Temp

I restart in safe mode and is able to delete them and everything seem ok on my next normal reboot. But after awhile some of those files are being created anyway. So i think it should be ok. Scan with bitdefender10 no virus, spysweeper5 no spyware. So i guess the virus and spyware part should not be the case. Mostly those files were being created and still being used by some application.

macbeth, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Files deleting after restart the laptop - Similar Threads - Files deleting restart

2. Laptop deleted everything in C drive after restart and shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop deleted everything in C drive after restart and shutdown.: So hi there, when I shutdown my laptop, my files on the C drive get deleted, like when I dowing steam winRaR. After I shout down my laptop, it just deletes the files. I also tried to rest my laptop, but I got this error: not found Recovery Environment. I also tried to create...
  3. Deleted Files come back after computer restarts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Files come back after computer restarts: A folder on my computer not in my C: drive has about 90 GB of files that I can't delete without force deleting them. Every time I turn on my computer the files come back. I have run chkdsk multiple times, I have deleted the files from recycle bin, etc and they still come...
  4. Deleted Files come back after computer restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Files come back after computer restarts: A folder on my computer not in my C: drive has about 90 GB of files that I can't delete without force deleting them. Every time I turn on my computer the files come back. I have run chkdsk multiple times, I have deleted the files from recycle bin, etc and they still come...
  5. Deleted Files come back after computer restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. win 11 delete files and program after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 delete files and program after restart: I have Windows 11 Home Single Language, every time I restart or shut down my computer found all the data in documents, downloads, desktop and program settings like edge, chrome has been deleted....
  7. win 11 delete files and program after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 delete files and program after restart: I have Windows 11 Home Single Language, every time I restart or shut down my computer found all the data in documents, downloads, desktop and program settings like edge, chrome has been deleted....
  8. files deleted upon restart

files deleted upon restart: Hi, I just got a new pc and it came with windows installed. Now, when I restart my pc, most of my files get deleted. It does not happen if I power it off though. Any idea or solutions? Thanks in advance!...
  9. Folders/Files are getting deleted after restart laptop

Folders/Files are getting deleted after restart laptop: Hi, My folders are deleting automatically from desktop after restart my laptop. Need the solution for this. please help. another issue is when I open the calculator or some apps, I am getting the error as "You’ll need a new app to open this calculator link", my laptop is...
  10. Help, files deleted after a BSOD or a restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, files deleted after a BSOD or a restart: It has happen to me like 4 times, i got a bsod and then when i got into the computer again my desktop wallpaper was gone, a bunch of files were deleted and all the apps (like firefox or steam) lost my login info. The last time it has happened to me was after just a simple...