Windows 10: Files disappeared after changing internal cables

Discus and support Files disappeared after changing internal cables in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm a little distressed because all of my personal files has just suddenly disappeared. I have recently changed my computer chassis, and it was all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanteThaGod, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Files disappeared after changing internal cables

I'm a little distressed because all of my personal files has just suddenly disappeared. I have recently changed my computer chassis, and it was all plugged in to work correctly. I have 2x m.2 drives, one nvme and one sata, and 2x sata HDD's, a 4TB and a 8TB.I spent the time to reorganise my data neatly on the HDD's, namely my personal photos, videos, music and documents. I recently bought two items from amazon, https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B0086OGN9E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B01LYC6A8M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie

:)

DanteThaGod, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    My files have disappeared.

Hi Maureen,

To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • May we know the location of the file folder that you created that disappeared?
    • Have you tried using the Search box to search for the files that you made?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Files disappeared after changing internal cables

Icons disappeared and theme changed.

Hi Roland,

Corrupted system files may be one of the possible causes why the icons on your desktop disappeared. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried creating a new user profile and check if the problem is in the current profile or also with the new profile?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this
    thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Additionally, You can reset the Icon Cache. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to the following folder:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • In the Explorer folder, you will see a lot of files with the
      iconcache name. Delete all of them.

Once you have deleted all the iconcache files, a folder names IconCacheToDelete
    will appear. Simply restart your PC and this folder will disappear.

In the event that you are unable to delete some of the files, see the steps below:

• Open elevated Command Prompt. (Win+X > Command Prompt (Admin))
    • Type the following command, and then press Enter:

cd /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer attrib –h iconcache_*.db del iconcache_*.db start explorer

If the issue still persists, I recommend you try the suggestion provided by
    kpeW9
    on this thread or the steps shared by
    Guru Khan G on this thread
    to troubleshoot your concern. This will also help you scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Files disappeared after changing internal cables

1. Files disappeared after changing internal cables - Similar Threads - Files disappeared changing

2. Disappearing file after name change MS Project

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing file after name change MS Project: I created a project in MS Project yesterday. Today, I went to open in file explorer because I wanted to change the name. After I changed the name, the file disappeared. However, it still shows in MS Project “recents” but does not open displaying an error. Please help!...
  3. Disappearing file after name change MS Project

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing file after name change MS Project: I created a project in MS Project yesterday. Today, I went to open in file explorer because I wanted to change the name. After I changed the name, the file disappeared. However, it still shows in MS Project “recents” but does not open displaying an error. Please help!...
  4. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  5. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  6. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. File disappear after changing the owner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File disappear after changing the owner: I try to change the owner of a folder to myself.After that, i change who can acces it that no one can see beside me. I am the only one who can see it but when i restart my laptop i cant now see the file. The folder but it says i cannot acces the file. I look on the properties...
  8. Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates

Internal Microphone keeps disappearing after updates: Can someone please tell me how to keep my internal microphone working? It is gone after windows updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-microphone-keeps-disappearing-after/58583d42-de23-48b7-8219-ccabc51f35b3
  9. My internal drives disappeared after the update.

My internal drives disappeared after the update.: So after the update, my drives disappeared. They were there for a while when I first rebooted after the update. I watched a movie, played games and everything was cool. Then, I watched another movie and upon closing my screen froze and my mouse started moving randomly, in...
  10. 2nd Internal HDD Disappears after Restart

2nd Internal HDD Disappears after Restart: I am Having an Issue, I have a 120 GB SSD as my Primary Drive and a 2 TB secondary HDD, Everything works fine if I Turn the machine on, but if I restart the machine my 2nd HDD (the 2TB one) disappears from Windows. I have to Shut Down ans power back up to get it back. Dell...