Windows 10: Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive

Discus and support Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my files on desktop were syncing to onedrive, and the OneDrive got filled. So I uninstalled the OneDrive from the control panel. After that I saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PerioguatexGaming, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive

All my files on desktop were syncing to onedrive, and the OneDrive got filled. So I uninstalled the OneDrive from the control panel. After that I saw that all the files on desktop disappeared and there was one new file called "where are my files". When I click on it, it says windows can't find the target. Thanks

:)

PerioguatexGaming, Jun 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 13, 2021
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

eve wang, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive

OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10

Hey all,

Preface: I had Windows 8.1 and I never used SkyDrive or, later, OneDrive, but since it's so inbred with Windows 10, I wanted to at least check it out. Especially after all of Microsoft's hype and the $16 Billion they poured into cloud research. I also have a Windows Phone, so I was curious how well it would actually sync things.

So, I install Windows 10. I'm poking around. I see OneDrive listed as a program on the start menu, I click it and nothing happens. I open up file explorer. OneDrive is listed on the left navigation pane above "My PC." I click on it and it disappears. Poof! There are still OneDrive folders scattered throughout my C:\Windows, so I know there are remnants of it hanging around somewhere. I surmised that the program on my start menu was the leftover OneDrive app from Windows 8.1. So, I uninstalled that. Of course, there's no reinstallation file for Windows 10, because, "it's just supposed to be there."

Any help file I've looked at, MS or otherwise, has simply stated that it should be there and makes no mention of any contingency if, for any reason, it is not there. As if that's inconceivable.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? At this point, I'd either like to re-enable it or completely purge it. Other than this, my Windows upgrade experience has been flawless. *Party

Resurrection20, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive

1. Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive - Similar Threads - Files disappeared uninstalling

2. Uninstall OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall OneDrive.: I performed a Test Install a few days ago to get ready for a Clean Install in a couple of days, BUT, I must admit that I was lazy, and in order to Uninstall OneDrive, I only ran . . . Code: taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall...
  3. OneDrive uninstalled but still syncing with files

OneDrive uninstalled but still syncing with files: i deleted one drive last week but my pictures and documents are still running on OneDrive idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uninstalled-but-still-syncing-with-files/87135908-0f6e-4ef3-b51c-842d841d52d9
  4. OneDrive Uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Uninstall: I have tried to completely uninstall and remove OneDrive from my computer using Uninstall in Windows, Revo Uninstaller, Unlink in OneDrive account, edit Registry keys, and it appears that OneDrive is successfully removed. The one remaining issue is in my File Explorer with...
  5. Uninstalling OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalling OneDrive: W10 Yeah, yeah, I've searched for how to uninstall OneDrive. Start Key, type in "Programs," go to 'Add Remove Programs,' scroll for 'OneDrive.' Did that. 'OneDrive' isn't on the list. 'Microsoft OneDrive' isn't on the list. Yet, in Explorer, I show...
  6. OneDrive disappeared

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    OneDrive disappeared: I upgraded to the version 2004 and OneDrive disappeared in File Explorer. I tried to install OneDrive from the Store but failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-disappeared/e90c53e9-bc21-4f38-b87f-176edc8d47bd
  7. Onedrive. PC onedrive deleted. Will the files online disappears.

Onedrive. PC onedrive deleted. Will the files online disappears.: I accidentally deleted the onedrive folder on my pc. When onedrive syncs will the online files be deleted or will they be still in the cloud? 164791
  8. Files on harddisk PC disappeared after deleting files on onedrive on other PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on harddisk PC disappeared after deleting files on onedrive on other PC: I have 2 PCs, non-connected, each with separated purposes. To my surprise, I found in the onedrive of my 2nd PC, files of my 1st PC, which I deleted, as I don't want to use onedrive, I do everything on harddisk. To my astonishment, a day later, I discovered on my first PC,...
  9. OneDrive Files Disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Files Disappeared: My girlfriend has a Surface and saves files to OneDrive. She had been using a file for several days and saving it to OneDrive, then today when she clicked on the file it said it has been removed or changed then it disappeared. How can she access this file? I can't see any...
  10. OneDrive Files On-Demand Entry Even Though OneDrive Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Files On-Demand Entry Even Though OneDrive Uninstalled: Hi, I uninstalled OneDrive but when I check either Disk Cleanup or Storage >> free up space now I always see an entry to remove 1,000 bytes and the message that I should turn the feature on. Has anyone else seen this and/or is there a way to remove this from showing?...