Windows 10: Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive

Discus and support Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my files on desktop were syncing to onedrive, and the OneDrive got filled. So I uninstalled the OneDrive from the control panel. After that I saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PerioguatexGaming, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive

All my files on desktop were syncing to onedrive, and the OneDrive got filled. So I uninstalled the OneDrive from the control panel. After that I saw that all the files on desktop disappeared and there was one new file called "where are my files". When I click on it, it says windows can't find the target. Thanks

:)

PerioguatexGaming, Jun 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 13, 2021
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

eve wang, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive

OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10

Hey all,

Preface: I had Windows 8.1 and I never used SkyDrive or, later, OneDrive, but since it's so inbred with Windows 10, I wanted to at least check it out. Especially after all of Microsoft's hype and the $16 Billion they poured into cloud research. I also have a Windows Phone, so I was curious how well it would actually sync things.

So, I install Windows 10. I'm poking around. I see OneDrive listed as a program on the start menu, I click it and nothing happens. I open up file explorer. OneDrive is listed on the left navigation pane above "My PC." I click on it and it disappears. Poof! There are still OneDrive folders scattered throughout my C:\Windows, so I know there are remnants of it hanging around somewhere. I surmised that the program on my start menu was the leftover OneDrive app from Windows 8.1. So, I uninstalled that. Of course, there's no reinstallation file for Windows 10, because, "it's just supposed to be there."

Any help file I've looked at, MS or otherwise, has simply stated that it should be there and makes no mention of any contingency if, for any reason, it is not there. As if that's inconceivable.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? At this point, I'd either like to re-enable it or completely purge it. Other than this, my Windows upgrade experience has been flawless. *Party

Resurrection20, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive

1. Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive - Similar Threads - Files disappeared uninstalling

2. Files disappeared from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files disappeared from Onedrive: Most of important files disappeared from onedrive overnight. They are not in the recycle bin. I have the free version. 2 year old versions of the files do exist. I cannot for the life of me think of anything I could have done to cause this. I do recall perhaps adding another...
  3. Files disappeared from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files disappeared from Onedrive: Most of important files disappeared from onedrive overnight. They are not in the recycle bin. I have the free version. 2 year old versions of the files do exist. I cannot for the life of me think of anything I could have done to cause this. I do recall perhaps adding another...
  4. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  5. Uninstalled OneDrive and all the files stored on my PC disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled OneDrive and all the files stored on my PC disappeared.: Hello, I recently uninstalled OneDrive and all of the files stored on my PC disappeared. I do not use OneDrive and I never set up a sync. I had a OneDrive account associated with a college email address that I no longer use, but the files are not in that account either.I took...
  6. Uninstalled OneDrive and all the files stored on my PC disappeared.

Uninstalled OneDrive and all the files stored on my PC disappeared.: Hello, I recently uninstalled OneDrive and all of the files stored on my PC disappeared. I do not use OneDrive and I never set up a sync. I had a OneDrive account associated with a college email address that I no longer use, but the files are not in that account either.I took...
  7. Programm does not disappear after uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programm does not disappear after uninstall: I recently installed MikTex 2.9 on my pc, but since I use another app, I decided to uninstall it.Despite I uninstalled "successfully" the program it is still there in the program list. If I try to uninstall it again it gives me an error. Appears the MikTex console and asks me...
  8. OneDrive uninstalled but still syncing with files

OneDrive uninstalled but still syncing with files: i deleted one drive last week but my pictures and documents are still running on OneDrive idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uninstalled-but-still-syncing-with-files/87135908-0f6e-4ef3-b51c-842d841d52d9
  9. Onedrive. PC onedrive deleted. Will the files online disappears.

Onedrive. PC onedrive deleted. Will the files online disappears.: I accidentally deleted the onedrive folder on my pc. When onedrive syncs will the online files be deleted or will they be still in the cloud? 164791
  10. OneDrive Files Disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Files Disappeared: My girlfriend has a Surface and saves files to OneDrive. She had been using a file for several days and saving it to OneDrive, then today when she clicked on the file it said it has been removed or changed then it disappeared. How can she access this file? I can't see any...