Windows 10: files disappeared from notepad

Discus and support files disappeared from notepad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used Notepad to write an essay, saved it onto my desktop, also copied the text onto a Onedrive document, also saved. Came back to complete my essay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by amandaolssen, Apr 7, 2020.

1. files disappeared from notepad

I used Notepad to write an essay, saved it onto my desktop, also copied the text onto a Onedrive document, also saved.

Came back to complete my essay and both have disappeared from desktop and recent files.

I noticed when I switched my laptop on it asked me to create a windows account which I skipped.

I have tried to search for the document using the title with no luck.

:)

amandaolssen, Apr 7, 2020

2. Ascii file in Notepad

Hi GreenGreen2,

This statement of an issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood by our readers. It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with
    Notepad. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• What is this file? Is it a Notepad
      file with ASCII characters inside it? or is file with ASCII characters named on it?
    • What is the file extension of this file? Is this a .txt file or not?
    • Where is this file came from?
    • Can you give us a step by step walkthrough on what you’re doing?
    • Can you create a new user profile and test if the issue will still happen in the new user profile?
    • What were the recent changes made on your part before you experienced this issue?
    • Can we have a screenshot of this file? This is to give us at least an idea what type of file is this.

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    How to ask an effective question
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail here in our community. In this way, the readers will get enough information that will lead them to provide you accurate resolutions instead of
    having assumptions and guessing.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Johann Eva, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 7, 2020
  4. JCabebe Win User

files disappeared from notepad

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

files disappeared from notepad

1. files disappeared from notepad - Similar Threads - files disappeared notepad

2. Unsaved Notepad files disappear after Windows 11 restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsaved Notepad files disappear after Windows 11 restarted: Hi all,I need help here please. I have been working on a project with lots of jottings kept on two separate notepads. This afternoon, I just finished a project review session and I needed to pick my kids up from school.I dashed of the house because I was already late. I...
  3. Unsaved Notepad files disappear after Windows 11 restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsaved Notepad files disappear after Windows 11 restarted: Hi all,I need help here please. I have been working on a project with lots of jottings kept on two separate notepads. This afternoon, I just finished a project review session and I needed to pick my kids up from school.I dashed of the house because I was already late. I...
  4. How do I recover unsaved notepad files that disappeared?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I recover unsaved notepad files that disappeared?: How do I recover unsaved notepad files that disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-unsaved-notepad-files-that/631bc6be-5a94-474e-8dff-8001af5b072b
  5. How do I recover unsaved notepad files that disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover unsaved notepad files that disappeared?: How do I recover unsaved notepad files that disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-unsaved-notepad-files-that/631bc6be-5a94-474e-8dff-8001af5b072b
  6. How do I recover unsaved notepad files that disappeared?

7. Notepad has disappeared from my Windows 10 PC!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notepad has disappeared from my Windows 10 PC!: I have Windows 10 and it says I'm up to date with Updates. Until the most recent update, I had Notepad on my machine and a link to it on the taskbar. It's gone now, and I cannot get it to come up on my PC. I tried to download it and install it from Windows Store, but it says...
  8. The Great Disappearing Notepad App

The Great Disappearing Notepad App: My cousin said this was the place to come for help with W10, so I'm here. For some unknown reason my Notepad app (Pictured Below) vanished somehow. I tried looking everywhere to find it again. I checked default apps and everything. Normally, I simply type Notepad in the...
  9. Notepad disappeared

Notepad disappeared: So after updating to the latest May 2004 update the notepad software has vanished from my pc. I have searched it in the apps & feature section but nothing found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-disappeared/f1ce90b8-e627-4164-8e40-36f4ac46424a
  10. File disappearing from desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File disappearing from desktop: While trying to fix save files from a game I cut and pasted 3 sub folders from 2 different folders to my desktop, so 6 folders total. The first 3 moved just fine, but on the second group of three it gave me the warning that 4 files were identical and asked what to do with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad in windows 10 disappearing from desktop