Windows 10: Files disappeared

Discus and support Files disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I allowed my computer to do a Microsoft update. When it was finished, all my files, my business, my accounting files were gone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeffreyMathis1, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Files disappeared

I allowed my computer to do a Microsoft update. When it was finished, all my files, my business, my accounting files were gone.

:)

JeffreyMathis1, Aug 7, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    My files have disappeared.

Hi Maureen,

To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • May we know the location of the file folder that you created that disappeared?
    • Have you tried using the Search box to search for the files that you made?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Pech_096 Win User

Files disappeared

The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    I don't use any app to convert the files. I just copy the m4a files from my music folder. Then I paste the m4a files in my android phone drive that connected to my laptop. Then a windows pop-up that shows the option converting m4a files to wma files appears.
    You can see the windows pop-up in below picture. Now the windows pop-up is disappeared.

Files disappeared b4c1c11b-71d2-4bbb-a1ed-65ca65cf6f71.jpg

This picture was taken a screenshot from the video

• When did the issue start to happen?
    I found this problem last week. However, I didn't convert m4a files to wma files since May, 2017.

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    I updated windows several times prior to the issue.

• Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?
    I haven't done any troubleshooting steps.

Pech_096, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Files disappeared

1. Files disappeared - Similar Threads - Files disappeared

2. Fix disappearing files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix disappearing files?: There are many posts on how to find and recover lost files after a Win 10 reboot. And yes, EVERY time I reboot, recently stored files disappear. But my question is , how can I FIX it so the files do not dissappear? It does not matter if I have saved a new document or copied...
  3. Fix disappearing files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix disappearing files?: There are many posts on how to find and recover lost files after a Win 10 reboot. And yes, EVERY time I reboot, recently stored files disappear. But my question is , how can I FIX it so the files do not dissappear? It does not matter if I have saved a new document or copied...
  4. Fix disappearing files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. All my files have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files have disappeared!: I upgraded to Microsoft 365 Business Premium on Windows 11, and somewhere along the lines all my files have disappeared! Some folders remain also with folders inside but all the files are gone! They're not in the Cloud, I have not deleted or moved them, and by default I...
  6. All my files have disappeared!

All my files have disappeared!: I upgraded to Microsoft 365 Business Premium on Windows 11, and somewhere along the lines all my files have disappeared! Some folders remain also with folders inside but all the files are gone! They're not in the Cloud, I have not deleted or moved them, and by default I...
  7. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  8. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  9. All my files that weren't on OneDrive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files that weren't on OneDrive disappeared: I had a lot of files on my computer that weren't backed up to OneDrive because there wasn't room. At some point in the past week or two, they all disappeared. I also notice that my computer has a lot more space than it used to. Did it "sync" with OneDrive by deleting...
  10. All my files that weren't on OneDrive disappeared

All my files that weren't on OneDrive disappeared: I had a lot of files on my computer that weren't backed up to OneDrive because there wasn't room. At some point in the past week or two, they all disappeared. I also notice that my computer has a lot more space than it used to. Did it "sync" with OneDrive by deleting...