Windows 10: files disappears if they are deleted on the other computer

Discus and support files disappears if they are deleted on the other computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The files and folders that I create gets to my father’s computer in some way. He can see all my files and get them deleted. If he deletes the file, it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MeganA nderson2, Dec 25, 2018.

1. files disappears if they are deleted on the other computer

The files and folders that I create gets to my father’s computer in some way. He can see all my files and get them deleted. If he deletes the file, it disappears from my computer. I am fructrated and don’t know what I can do.

:)

MeganA nderson2, Dec 25, 2018
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Files disappearing off server computer

Where would I check for something like this, Sync Center in Control Panel? If so, all of the computers said "You have no sync partnerships set up on this computer. Click Set up new sync partnerships to get started."

OrbitzXT, Dec 25, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 25, 2018
  4. files disappears if they are deleted on the other computer

Files disappearing off server computer

Is someone "file-syncing" with this network share... and the sync tool has the option to delete files on target not present on source?

ie. someone has mirrored this share to a folder on their local drive. Them they deleted some files on their local. Now when they sync it deletes from the server. You restore, but hey presto, next time the user syncs, off they go again!

lemonadesoda, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

files disappears if they are deleted on the other computer

1. files disappears if they are deleted on the other computer - Similar Threads - files disappears are

2. Files on harddisk PC disappeared after deleting files on onedrive on other PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on harddisk PC disappeared after deleting files on onedrive on other PC: I have 2 PCs, non-connected, each with separated purposes. To my surprise, I found in the onedrive of my 2nd PC, files of my 1st PC, which I deleted, as I don't want to use onedrive, I do everything on harddisk. To my astonishment, a day later, I discovered on my first PC,...
  3. What are other ways of deleting a file?

What are other ways of deleting a file?: There's a 38kb ogg file that I want to delete but nothing works. I can't move it anywhere as it just crashes the file explorer. I can't even right click it because it will crash the file explorer. I tried using cmd. I tried using fileassassin. Absolutely nothing is working....
  4. Computer deleting files

Computer deleting files: My computer is trying to delete all its files as soon as I click on a file, it is moved to the trash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-deleting-files/ecdf833f-d099-4809-9a5d-48093049558e
  5. how to delete other file on windows 10

how to delete other file on windows 10: i Solved other file hidden file storage on windows 10 issue as per below image Download https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free Run as administration-select C drive Locate -$GetCurrent-right clickdelete this folder & solved the issue for me [ATTACH]...
  6. "Other User" disappears when user locks the computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Other User" disappears when user locks the computer.: Hello, I have computers that are apart of a domain. Some of the computers on the domain are not displaying "Other User" when the auto lock enables or if the user locks the computer with WIN+L. Would someone be able to tell me what group policy it is that controls whether...
  7. Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well...

Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well...: My subscription to OneDrive has ended so I want to reduce my OneDrive files. When I did that they seemed to disappear from my computer as well.. Why should this be? How can I just delete items from OneDrive only? Thanks....
  8. Can not delete files because there are other files in it

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not delete files because there are other files in it: I tried a command but for some reason didn't work it said this. I am the admin and have tried taking control of it that didn't work. Thanks for any idea's you may have C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim>rmdir /q /s DataData\INTERF~1\BODYCH~1 - Access is...
  9. Icon/Files disappeared or deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon/Files disappeared or deleted: After upgrading to Windows 10, I faced a problem that any files/icon (except Recycle Bin) on the desktop (or even in the folder also) are disappeared / deleted when I double-clicked on it. The files are gone to recycle bin. I run an antivirus software and checked and found no...
  10. Disappearance of my files from the computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearance of my files from the computer: Hello I do not speak English I hope that the idea you up well (Disappearance of my files from the computer) For the first time since the installation of Windows has been pressure on signout After some time. I wanted to use the computer. The log on again But The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. with desktop redirected to onedrive can not delete files