Windows 10: Files dissapearing from Downloads folder

Discus and support Files dissapearing from Downloads folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all I would not write this if I would not test this myself. I have fresh installed W10 Pro. Also, this happened before. My files are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kristaps_345, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Files dissapearing from Downloads folder

Hello all

I would not write this if I would not test this myself. I have fresh installed W10 Pro. Also, this happened before.

My files are disappearing from Downloads folder, and today there was one very important file that just disappeared. I am really afraid to store something on that folder. One .ISO file and one .docx disappeared which was quite important for me.

What can cause this? I am not on a public network, security settings in place, new home router, so it is not a security related. Also, as mentioned, this happened before. Please, guys help, otherwise I go Mac.

:)

kristaps_345, Mar 31, 2019

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Msap14 Win User
    Network File Dissapearance

Network with a server (windows home 2008) has maybe 8 computers on it. they share a folder on the server for files. Recently they've noticed files have dissapeared, and i can't figure out why.

The files share is on a RAID 1 setup, but the partitions aren't quite the same, so there is a possibility.

Also recently, and possibly unrelated to the issue above, files have been popping up on a computer on the network's trash bin and my documents from other random places.

how could these things happen?

Msap14, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Files dissapearing from Downloads folder

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Files dissapearing from Downloads folder

1. Files dissapearing from Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Files dissapearing Downloads

2. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all Files from downloads folder dissapeared: Yesterday I downloaded a game from the internet, and ran the installer, everything was fine, it was a bit laggy, but fine. after awhile of playing i went to check my downloads folder and everything was GONE , i checked all the hidden folders everything, and nothing was found....
  3. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all Files from downloads folder dissapeared: Yesterday I downloaded a game from the internet, and ran the installer, everything was fine, it was a bit laggy, but fine. after awhile of playing i went to check my downloads folder and everything was GONE , i checked all the hidden folders everything, and nothing was found....
  4. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder

Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder: So, I had win 8.1 and recently updated to win 10. I earlier only downloaded files in :C because I didn't create another drive out of it. So I did it in win 10 partitioning the drives during booting up your system After that, I tried taking all my files in downloads folder to...
  6. EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER: I'm trying to download the program BenBox for Laser Engraver onto my computer. After installing the program it runs on the install but when I close it and try to reopen it my benbox.exe file disappears from the folder it was in. How do I solve to problem of the disappearing...
  7. removing files from the download folder...

in Windows 10 Support
    removing files from the download folder...: I have 2 separate folders for downloads - This PC/downloads and C:/Users/username/downloads. The content seems to be the same - programs, updates, fonts etc. Today I ran AdvancedSystem Care (I know a lot you you are totally against this program!!), and it found more than 3...
  8. Files dissapearing

Files dissapearing: Ive recently had a number of .cpr (cubase project files) dissapear off my pc. Its a new pc, windows 10. Ive opened the files on this pc before but they are just dissapearing. How do i get them back? All my audio files are still here but the project files are vanishing and the...
  9. All Files missing from the "Downloads" Folder

All Files missing from the "Downloads" Folder: So I booted my computer and found that all of my files went missing in the "Downloads" folder as seen in the files explorer. However, some of the files and folders were available in the left column, however when I clicked It It says "LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE". When i...
  10. Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?: .exe files in particular won't copy from my Downloads folder to another drive? It says something like " Do you wish to Copy with missing files? " Thanks 49175