Windows 10: Files dissapearing

Discus and support Files dissapearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ive recently had a number of .cpr (cubase project files) dissapear off my pc. Its a new pc, windows 10. Ive opened the files on this pc before but they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KadenGreen, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Files dissapearing

Ive recently had a number of .cpr (cubase project files) dissapear off my pc. Its a new pc, windows 10. Ive opened the files on this pc before but they are just dissapearing. How do i get them back? All my audio files are still here but the project files are vanishing and the .bak files are at super early stages of the project. Please help as these songs were due for release in a week. Thanks in advance

:)

KadenGreen, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Msap14 Win User

Network File Dissapearance

Network with a server (windows home 2008) has maybe 8 computers on it. they share a folder on the server for files. Recently they've noticed files have dissapeared, and i can't figure out why.

The files share is on a RAID 1 setup, but the partitions aren't quite the same, so there is a possibility.

Also recently, and possibly unrelated to the issue above, files have been popping up on a computer on the network's trash bin and my documents from other random places.

how could these things happen?

Msap14, Feb 27, 2019
  3. files that just dissapear

i didnt get a warning but when the file gets deleted a icon appears and then dissapears in less then a second

kanede groot, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Files dissapearing

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Files dissapearing

1. Files dissapearing - Similar Threads - Files dissapearing

2. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all Files from downloads folder dissapeared: Yesterday I downloaded a game from the internet, and ran the installer, everything was fine, it was a bit laggy, but fine. after awhile of playing i went to check my downloads folder and everything was GONE , i checked all the hidden folders everything, and nothing was found....
  3. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all Files from downloads folder dissapeared: Yesterday I downloaded a game from the internet, and ran the installer, everything was fine, it was a bit laggy, but fine. after awhile of playing i went to check my downloads folder and everything was GONE , i checked all the hidden folders everything, and nothing was found....
  4. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minecraft Education Edition dissapeared, when trying new installation getting error "File...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Education Edition dissapeared, when trying new installation getting error "File...: Tired of the Minecraft installation issues - again... Unfortunately my son loves the game, but I personally will stay away from any Microsoft software as much as possible... I've NEVER had so many and so frequent issues with any other software... :/ And I'm not a total IT...
  6. Minecraft Education Edition dissapeared, when trying new installation getting error "File...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Education Edition dissapeared, when trying new installation getting error "File...: Tired of the Minecraft installation issues - again... Unfortunately my son loves the game, but I personally will stay away from any Microsoft software as much as possible... I've NEVER had so many and so frequent issues with any other software... :/ And I'm not a total IT...
  7. Minecraft Education Edition dissapeared, when trying new installation getting error "File...

8. why the file in my group sometime dissapear for no reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the file in my group sometime dissapear for no reasons: my group old file is dissapear for no reason and new one same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-file-in-my-group-sometime-dissapear-for-no/c8416a16-db55-4e2b-9979-476becee7a8d
  9. why the file in my group sometime dissapear for no reasons

why the file in my group sometime dissapear for no reasons: my group old file is dissapear for no reason and new one same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-file-in-my-group-sometime-dissapear-for-no/c8416a16-db55-4e2b-9979-476becee7a8d
  10. Why did my audio files suddenly dissapeared?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did my audio files suddenly dissapeared?: Just woke up and got on my laptop to discover that I had a folder containing some audio files in a folder to be delted out of nowhere. I can't find them in the recycle bin. I know that I certainly did not delete this folder myself. How can I recover this folder?...