Windows 10: Files Download Failure on Windows 10

Discus and support Files Download Failure on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A download of a ZIP file from P22 Type Foundry (font vendor) failed a couple of days ago. I tried several times and it did not reach my Download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottOliver1, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Files Download Failure on Windows 10

A download of a ZIP file from P22 Type Foundry (font vendor) failed a couple of days ago. I tried several times and it did not reach my Download folder.

My Windows Start page shows 10 or 11 blue app boxes with arrows pointing down to a bar. Clicking on this generates a message that says a download is in progress, but hours/days later the download does not complete.

I was able to successfully download a ZIP file from P22 Type Foundry 2-3 days before experiencing the above failure. Any thoughts on the cause and a solution?

Thanks!

:)

ScottOliver1, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Nov 5, 2019
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Files Download Failure on Windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Files Download Failure on Windows 10

1. Files Download Failure on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Files Download Failure

2. Download failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download failure: Windows 10. Every attempted download fails with error message "File XXX contained a virus and was deleted". Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-failure/dae2ecda-5d70-491e-9540-bbb1d4e6589b
  3. Failure in downloading Windows Live Mail (16.4.3528.0331)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure in downloading Windows Live Mail (16.4.3528.0331): The download file is : 'wlsetup.exe' (windows Live Essentials 2012). I select the 'Mail' program and proceed. The file opens so far and then stops with a message: 'Couldn't install program. An unknown error occurred x800c0006' Any hints on why this occurred and how to get...
  4. Failure to download pics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failure to download pics: I have recently returned from cruise, with a new SD Card in my Sony cybershot camera...tried to download to laptop..via camera cable (usb) ….and card in slot on pc....it will download the video clips I took but not any pics....any ideas please...
  5. 1903 update download failure

1903 update download failure: I was updating to 1903 using Update Assistant. It was huge file and was taking lot of time. It was downloaded till 60% and unexpectedly there was some net connectivity issue with my router. I saw it after a few min corrected the network. Then, it gave an unpleasant surprise....
  6. Windows 10 File History failure to backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File History failure to backup: Hello all, I have a Seagate NAS 2-bay business storage device that serves as the backup for my Surfacebook. Initially it was backing up well, however recently the device is failing to backup. File history will run for a few seconds then state no change, i.e. it still states...
  7. windows update download failure

windows update download failure: I get this stop code 0x80070005 after a Windows 10 update failure. What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-download-failure/e656cf5c-67f2-4902-8c46-a437bc41cd89
  8. Systems Image Download Failures.

Systems Image Download Failures.: Running Windows 10 system 32bit (x86 based), post update 1803 (KB4464218). Am unable to run off a Systems Image to either a HDD or DVD due to repeated erroneous RPC service unavailable warnings. This is a known problem with 32bit systems only (not 64bit system), but is...
  9. Windows 10 Files Downloaded, but no installation

Windows 10 Files Downloaded, but no installation: Hi All My PC has downloaded all of the Windows 10 installation files in the $Windows.~BT folder, but I have not had any installation notices. Does anybody know how to initiate the installation? I've read not to click the setup application in the $Windows.~BT folder as...
  10. Windows 10 iso file download?

Windows 10 iso file download?: Hi guys. I know this has been discussed before, but please help a guy out *Smile I'm dealing with some app deadlines. Can you give me the direct download link for the win10 latest update iso? I have all the necessary activation codes etc, Thanks a lot,...