Windows 10: Files Download Failure on Windows 10

Discus and support Files Download Failure on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A download of a ZIP file from P22 Type Foundry (font vendor) failed a couple of days ago. I tried several times and it did not reach my Download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottOliver1, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Files Download Failure on Windows 10

A download of a ZIP file from P22 Type Foundry (font vendor) failed a couple of days ago. I tried several times and it did not reach my Download folder.

My Windows Start page shows 10 or 11 blue app boxes with arrows pointing down to a bar. Clicking on this generates a message that says a download is in progress, but hours/days later the download does not complete.

I was able to successfully download a ZIP file from P22 Type Foundry 2-3 days before experiencing the above failure. Any thoughts on the cause and a solution?

Thanks!

:)

ScottOliver1, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Nov 5, 2019
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Files Download Failure on Windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Files Download Failure on Windows 10

1. Files Download Failure on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Files Download Failure

2. USB Download failure for Windows 10 ISO 64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Download failure for Windows 10 ISO 64: Heyo!Trying to install a fresh Windows 10 by downloading it from Microsoft to a USB drive. It's a 32gb drive brand new, but it keeps failing without much explination. I keep seeing Error Code -1309, any ideas what that means?...
  3. USB Download failure for Windows 10 ISO 64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Download failure for Windows 10 ISO 64: Heyo!Trying to install a fresh Windows 10 by downloading it from Microsoft to a USB drive. It's a 32gb drive brand new, but it keeps failing without much explination. I keep seeing Error Code -1309, any ideas what that means?...
  4. USB Download failure for Windows 10 ISO 64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 download failure

Windows 10 download failure: I am trying to download Windows 10 on my older computer. I get an error message that says "OX800707E7-OX3000D, failed in first_boot, migrate data operation. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks....
  6. Download failures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Download failures: When I downloaded the recovery image file for Surface Pro 5th Gen with my Windows 10 device, I encounter such errors saying that the download failed because it is forbidden Failed - Forbidden or the file does not have permission to download? What is the cause of it?...
  7. Failure to download

Failure to download: 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64-based systems KB4541335 will not download Stuck at 0% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failure-to-download/be72ec7c-30d3-4a4d-8c66-fe4dd5b1b4cc
  8. Download failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download failure: Windows 10. Every attempted download fails with error message "File XXX contained a virus and was deleted". Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-failure/dae2ecda-5d70-491e-9540-bbb1d4e6589b
  9. Failure to download pics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failure to download pics: I have recently returned from cruise, with a new SD Card in my Sony cybershot camera...tried to download to laptop..via camera cable (usb) ….and card in slot on pc....it will download the video clips I took but not any pics....any ideas please...
  10. windows update download failure

windows update download failure: I get this stop code 0x80070005 after a Windows 10 update failure. What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-download-failure/e656cf5c-67f2-4902-8c46-a437bc41cd89