Windows 10: Files downloading as the wrong type of file.

Discus and support Files downloading as the wrong type of file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to download .rar files they are mods for a game, The Sims to be specific and when they download, they become photoshop files. I cannot open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Caydantz, May 24, 2020.

1. Caydantz Win User

Files downloading as the wrong type of file.

I am trying to download .rar files they are mods for a game, The Sims to be specific and when they download, they become photoshop files. I cannot open them in photoshop either, and I want them to stop downloading as photoshop files. They're still .rar files technically, but have the photoshop icon, and they don't work in game. And if I click on them to open them, they open photoshop. I have tried to change the "default apps by file type" but it wouldn't let me change it, as there isn't really a set thing I used to have to open it, since I didn't open them

I just want to make photoshop not the default that these files open with.

:)

Caydantz, May 24, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, May 24, 2020
  3. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, May 24, 2020
  4. Luka KLLP Win User

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Files downloading as the wrong type of file. - Similar Threads - Files downloading wrong

2. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension: Whenever I download .zip files, they get saved as .bbz that is the extension that goes with the BrailleBlaster program I use for Braille transcription. It's not a huge issue because I can just change the extension in the downloads folder, and it works fine, but it's annoying...
  3. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension: Whenever I download .zip files, they get saved as .bbz that is the extension that goes with the BrailleBlaster program I use for Braille transcription. It's not a huge issue because I can just change the extension in the downloads folder, and it works fine, but it's annoying...
  4. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. installing wrong file type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing wrong file type: I'm trying to install a file but the file it the wrong file type and I don't understand why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-wrong-file-type/38fa8c33-dcf2-4d98-9325-080069221beb
  6. Game downloads into wrong file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game downloads into wrong file: I'm trying to download a game off xboxapp on the pc, I hit the button to download it into D drive, but it still downloads it into C drive. I even have my apps set to download into D drive, any fixes? submitted by /u/GoTtHeLuMbAgO [link] [comments]...
  7. Wrong file type

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong file type: I downloaded some community made stuff for a game but when i extract the zip file they dont show up as .blk (how it should be) but instead as autocad extraction Te and when i look up how to change the file type i tried but no luck.. any help? -thx submitted by /u/clavinZKL...
  8. The things inside the file are the wrong type :c

in Windows 10 Customization
    The things inside the file are the wrong type :c: Hello, I have been trying to figure out this problem all day. I open my file explorer and I had downloaded a mod for a game. But inside the file, the type is not correct, I think I accidently changed it some how and I do not know how to put it back. Please help me!! Thank...
  9. Downloaded documents opening in a wrong file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded documents opening in a wrong file: Greetings tenforums I've recently updated to windows 10 and I'm encountering a problem with downloaded word documents opening in Wordpad instead of Microsoft word. A few details: The documents in the site in downloading from has always used microsoft word documents,...
  10. Some file type show wrong icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some file type show wrong icon.: Hello, i'm using windows 10 insider now in build 10547, recently some file with specified extension showing the wrong icon, all the wrong icon is same as in the screenshoot: [img] All error files have icon same like this picture, but all file is can opened with right...