Windows 10: Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

Discus and support Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I download .zip files, they get saved as .bbz that is the extension that goes with the BrailleBlaster program I use for Braille transcription.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex Smargle, May 29, 2023.

1. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

Whenever I download .zip files, they get saved as .bbz that is the extension that goes with the BrailleBlaster program I use for Braille transcription. It's not a huge issue because I can just change the extension in the downloads folder, and it works fine, but it's annoying to have to do every time and confusing because I don't know why it's doing this.I don't remember doing anything that might cause the issue and it's been happening for at least a month but, as I've had BrailleBlaster for a while but don't download things often, I'm not completely certain whether it's been happening since

:)

Alex Smargle, May 29, 2023

2. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, May 29, 2023
  3. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 29, 2023
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

Unable to download Edge extensions via MS store

Hi Hugo,

Corrupted or incomplete installation may be the possible cause why you're unable to download the Edge extension. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to install the particular extension?
    • Does this happen when you just download that particular extension or with other application also?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download and run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you diagnose Windows apps & Store issues and provide you a remedy.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, May 29, 2023
Thema:

Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

1. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension - Similar Threads - Files Downloading Wrong

2. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension: Whenever I download .zip files, they get saved as .bbz that is the extension that goes with the BrailleBlaster program I use for Braille transcription. It's not a huge issue because I can just change the extension in the downloads folder, and it works fine, but it's annoying...
  3. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension: Whenever I download .zip files, they get saved as .bbz that is the extension that goes with the BrailleBlaster program I use for Braille transcription. It's not a huge issue because I can just change the extension in the downloads folder, and it works fine, but it's annoying...
  4. How to assign .file extensions to downloaded files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to assign .file extensions to downloaded files: So when I download a png file I can't save that file as a png or anything but an "all files" type. This means I can't set the file to open by default with an app because it is "all file" to the system and not .png or even .jpeg. How can I resolve this?...
  5. How to assign .file extensions to downloaded files

How to assign .file extensions to downloaded files: So when I download a png file I can't save that file as a png or anything but an "all files" type. This means I can't set the file to open by default with an app because it is "all file" to the system and not .png or even .jpeg. How can I resolve this?...
  6. Files downloading without an extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files downloading without an extension: Hello I see in the forums that this query has been answered but the solution was not revealed. When I download files from the internet such as .png and .Jpeg they show up as "file" and I can't find the default app "Photos" to open them. My default app for png and jpeg is...
  7. Files downloading without an extension

Files downloading without an extension: Hello I see in the forums that this query has been answered but the solution was not revealed. When I download files from the internet such as .png and .Jpeg they show up as "file" and I can't find the default app "Photos" to open them. My default app for png and jpeg is...
  8. Game downloads into wrong file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game downloads into wrong file: I'm trying to download a game off xboxapp on the pc, I hit the button to download it into D drive, but it still downloads it into C drive. I even have my apps set to download into D drive, any fixes? submitted by /u/GoTtHeLuMbAgO [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot download files with an EXE extension

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot download files with an EXE extension: This all started when I went to install Visual Studio 2019. I removed Visual Studio 2017, and cleaned out the folders left behind. When I went to install it, I could not download it with Chrome with Chrome reporting it as being blocked. I do not have "Safe Browsing"...
  10. Files downloading as the wrong type of file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files downloading as the wrong type of file.: I am trying to download .rar files they are mods for a game, The Sims to be specific and when they download, they become photoshop files. I cannot open them in photoshop either, and I want them to stop downloading as photoshop files. They're still .rar files technically, but...